All DJ in uk
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: All DJ in uk

Default All DJ in uk

Since im planning to move to UK, wish to know what is situation, job market for dj, possibilites and how crowded some of clubs are, so if possible who lives/plays there write in this topic or leave your skype, thanks.

There are lots of busy clubs in the UK for every type of music/scene.
    Do you have experience?
    If so then it's just a matter of getting out & about in the local scene & promoting yourself, same as anywhere.
    SC | MC

Wrote you pm, more people needed, as all information is very valuable for me

Also, kind of important where you're moving to. The UK might seem small, but it's a very localised country. (Mostly London vs everywhere else, to be honest.)
    A&H Xone:96 | Xone:K1 | 2 x 1210s | Traktor Pro 3 | Apple Macbook Pro (2015) 13" | Sennheiser HD7 DJ | Maschine Mikro Mk3
    read: http://djworx.com/author/dan-morse
    talk: http://facebook.com/bleeptechno
    listen: http://mixcloud.com/bleephudds

Well if it`s worth to stay, city doesn`t matter much, as long as there are chances to improve and big plus if there is chance to save up too.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Superninja View Post
    Well if it`s worth to stay, city doesn`t matter much, as long as there are chances to improve and big plus if there is chance to save up too.
    Lolz your in the wrong game if you want to save up money. Club DJs play for free untill they make a name or promote their own successful night. Lots of clubs, lots of wankers owning/running them. Most club owners dont give a shit about you or your music. Their only interested in making money. If you consitantly get people thought the doors and keep them in the venue buying drinks all night you might land yourself a paid residency (not very well paid I might add) the second people get bored of the venue you will get the cut. DJ is nearly always first to get it in the neck. Some months/years you will have lots of work and money others you will get fuck all. Its a hard game that played for the love!

On the other hand if you can afford your own rig mobile djing is where you can earn a living. If you have a wide taste/range of music and you enjoy playing it you can make tidy $$. A basic wedding disco in my area will set you back about £400 a night for sound system, lights & DJ. Add extras like photo booths, led dance floors etc and your quickly getting up to a £1000 a night. Ok so you only work weekends and your clients can be quite difficult but it beats playing the club game any day.

ps stay out of my area, i don't need any extra competition.

Since possibilities are there to stay only for few months so i`m checking what would be the best, because I wish to get into that industry, thanks for answer

Tech Wizard

Glasgow or Newcastle would be the area i'd look at getting into if i was you. It's always busy, due to it being a popular Hen+Stag destination, with student nights during the week too. As mentioned it won't be easy and you will be working for free until you convince the club to offer you a residency. Make yourself open to all types of DJ work until you get to the venue you want to be in

What genre do you play? I think this is a crucial point you shouldn't miss to mention when asking for clubs etc.
    Last edited by Ed Paris; 02-11-2016 at 11:13 AM.
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

Mostly interested in techno,tech house, are there many clubs that play it? how crowded clubs are, overall situation and possibilities

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast