pc-recuirements for VCI / traktor
    Tech Convert

Default pc-recuirements for VCI / traktor

Hi guys,

I'm planning on buying a DJTT VCI-100 on of these days, but I was wondering if it all would work on my -simple- laptop.

These are the specifications of my laptop:
    -intel core duo t2450 @ 2GHz
    -2 gig RAM
    -Vista 32-bit

as I'm totally new to digital DJ'ing -and to this forum-, don't shoot me if this is something I should have easily found elsewere (which I didn't).

Another question (but it might be a bit off-topic over here):
    I'd like to buy the VCI really to start DJ'ing with. It seems to me this is the most 'value for money'-option there is, or am I wrong? Is a VCI sort of suited for a beginner to learn on?

Thanks in advance!

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Rockbox. View Post
    Hi guys,

I'm planning on buying a DJTT VCI-100 on of these days, but I was wondering if it all would work on my -simple- laptop.

These are the specifications of my laptop:
    -intel core duo t2450 @ 2GHz
    -2 gig RAM
    -Vista 32-bit

as I'm totally new to digital DJ'ing -and to this forum-, don't shoot me if this is something I should have easily found elsewere (which I didn't).

Another question (but it might be a bit off-topic over here):
    I'd like to buy the VCI really to start DJ'ing with. It seems to me this is the most 'value for money'-option there is, or am I wrong? Is a VCI sort of suited for a beginner to learn on?

Thanks in advance!
    I'd recommend getting a mac, as vista has be known to have problems with running Traktor & the VCI 100 such as continuous crashing - Search 'traktor pro & VCI crash' - I experienced the problem when I got mine, found out it was a common problem, much to my disappointment, so I then bit the bullet & forked out for a macbook, glad I did though!! The problem can sometimes be fixed on a windows comp by turning off midi out in traktor pro, but this is far from ideal as then you loose led feedback. I have read that windows 7 is supposed to run alot better though.