How To use sample banks in TP2
    Tech Wizard

Default How To use sample banks in TP2

I asked this in the Traktor forum but no response so I'm trying here, maybe someone can help?

Getting back in the game after a few yrs off due to shoulder surgery. I'm running TP2 and this might be a goofy question but I wanted to know how would I use the sample banks with sound efx? Meaning how could I assign a keyboard shortcut on my laptop to trigger an sound efx in the sample banks like broken glass, siren etc vs using the cursor to load the efx and play it?

Thanks in advanced

Tech Mentor elohyspoissonpilote's Avatar

You need to create a mapping in the Traktor Controller manager. If you never go into mapping activity, it can be tricky.
    But when you go into it , understant and learn what you can do, you can set almost everything to suit your need, TKP2 can be very very powerfull.
    However, it's quite difficult to tell you how to do just like that online.
    It depends on the number of sample you want to use, if you want to load it with the keyboard or the mouse, what keybord key you want to use? etc... I can be also a long job, in France some people pay me for create some personnal mapping on differents controller or Keybords, it's never less than 1h00 job.
    May be you can serach oon the Dj techtools mapping section if you find some realiezd mapping to dowload which suit your wishes.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

You should check this mapping: https://maps.djtechtools.com/mappings/4257

Tech Wizard

Thanks for the info!

The above mapping is exactly what I was looking for!
    I'm also using Denon MC6000 which I already have mapping for. Would that keyboard mapping conflict with it?

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Hey I'm glad you find it useful!

Your Denon mapping works in MIDI protocol therefor it cannot conflict with your computer keyboard which is working in HID.