Tablet Hackintosh + Traktor?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Guru

Default Tablet Hackintosh + Traktor?

http://gizmodo.com/391103/full+scree...not-from-apple

So i have decided that a tablet hackintosh with multitouch would be great for djing, knobs could be a bit troublesome, but I would think that you could accomplish a lot with styli. Has anyone setup this or any multitouch system for osx, and has experiences with it?
    Last edited by mpetersen3; 11-23-2009 at 07:46 PM.
    FIX8:OSCill8
    My Rig: Macbook 13" (2.16ghz 4gb crucial ram), VCI-100 custom paint, Korg Nanopad, Axiom 25, DJIO

Tech Mentor
    I'm not good at things, but I like to pretend I am.
    :Project-Segfault:

dJ dAb uses a touchscreen controller with Traktor - do a search on this forum for pix of his setup...

my personal thoughts are that it would be a really nice toy, but a bit of a gimmick. The best thing about proper midi dj controllers are the hands on knobs, sliders, etc - touching a screen, even a multitouch screen, just wouldn't provide the tactile response that is so essential for intuitive dj'ing (imho).

Tech Guru

i dunno man, the Stanton SC** series has proven, in my opinion, that knobs are not all that necessary. A touch screen might work, it will be interesting to see where things go in the next 5 years.

Tech Guru

yeah, I mean, I've never used it personally, but I know that people have been successful with it.

Tech Mentor

There's also the JazzMutant Lemur, which I hear Daft Punk's duo are both fans of.

The flexibility touch screens allow is just incredible, and there isn't really anything you can do with a knob that you can't do with a fader.

Though I will agree with the sentiment of the SCS conrollers being a little 'enh.' I haven't gotten a chance to play with any, but I don't think I'd go out of my way to get one without trying it out first.
    I'm not good at things, but I like to pretend I am.
    :Project-Segfault:

Tech Convert

Came across this site searching for this kind of thing. Has anyone tried out one of the modbooks with ableton or traktor? I'm interested in using one w/ ableton.

Tech Convert

I should rephrase ... Not just the axiom modbook. But any tablet based hackintosh. Was also considering a mac mini with a touchscreen.

Quote Originally Posted by Segfault View Post
    There's also the JazzMutant Lemur, which I hear Daft Punk's duo are both fans of.
    The flexibility touch screens allow is just incredible, and there isn't really anything you can do with a knob that you can't do with a fader.

Though I will agree with the sentiment of the SCS conrollers being a little 'enh.' I haven't gotten a chance to play with any, but I don't think I'd go out of my way to get one without trying it out first.
    They most certinaly are check out the end of this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYTaGxOuURU at about the 3 minute mark their rocking 3 of ehm thats 6000e alone not that they payed for them haha

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast