information about mp3gain

Default information about mp3gain

Hello everybody, i hope everyone is having a great time.
    i've been searching about mp3gain and it's effect on mp3 File ( some people says it effects Sound quality ), beside that , i'm willing to manage all my mp3 gain level with that software cuz i find it really helpfull to do the work , but i'm feeling kinda scary about it , nobody wants to destroy his mp3 sound quality for sure.. any advice would be really appreciated.
    Note : i searched old topics on DJTT forum about mp3gain but i can't really figure out exactly the answer due to lake of different opinion by different people.

thanks in advance for your time.
    Reloop RMX 40 BPM ( bae ) ; 2 x CDJ 800 mk1 ; Traktor Kontrol X1 ; Traktor Kontrol F1 ; AKAI MPK mini MK2 ; M audio Axiom 61 mk2.
    Genre : Dark techno , Dub techno , industrial , Experimental , Music.
    Soundcloud : https://soundcloud.com/choch1

It shouldn't affect the original quality, if the original MP3 has dodgy quality, that quality (or lack of) will be amplified digitally. I haven't used it now in a few years, as most of my purchases are normalized anyway, bar the odd Amazon purchase, and the odd itunes 'click' at the end of some tracks. If I rip from CD, I always choose the 'Normalize' option.
    If you analyse software via a DJ program, these might adjust the gain/trim (Traktor does this) to Normalize the track to peak out at 0db, and this is config is saved by the program in respect of the individual MP3.
    The good news (to the best of my knowledge) that using MP3Gain is that it saves the information to the ID3 tag, and the process is reversible. It does not re-encode the file therefore, the file kinda remains untouched (bar the id3 info), so strictly speaking you won't ruin your collection. Copy a handful of files to another folder somewhere, and use that folder as a 'test' folder. See how you get on.
    Last edited by DJAdeSands; 02-16-2016 at 09:23 AM.
    Denon DJ/MC6000KMK2/Launchpad S/LaunchcontrolXL/Traktor Pro 2/Bringin it since 96.

interesting information.Thanks for your advice , as you said , i think it's much better if i test it myself on some mp3 copies.
    Else , does the autogain in traktor can handle this job ? some people says it's kind of " bugged " or something , i think it's best to keep using the real time gain knobs and our ears...

thanks for your time.
    Reloop RMX 40 BPM ( bae ) ; 2 x CDJ 800 mk1 ; Traktor Kontrol X1 ; Traktor Kontrol F1 ; AKAI MPK mini MK2 ; M audio Axiom 61 mk2.

Traktor will adjust the gain, so when you load the track, the gain will be auto set. Handy for autoplay before you start a set. No substitute for the old skool ears mk1
    Denon DJ/MC6000KMK2/Launchpad S/LaunchcontrolXL/Traktor Pro 2/Bringin it since 96.

got it , thanks alot for the informations , and yea I tested the mp3gain today and it works well , mp3 quality reminds the same.
    thanks again and have a great day.