Your most sucessful way of promoting?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Your most sucessful way of promoting?

Hey, just wanted to ask which way was your most sucessful to promote yourself or other dj, facebook ad,mix on soundcloud, trying to write dj to get b2b plays or what?

Tech Guru

"All of the above."

Marketing and promotion is not a "one and done" sort of activity. Various research shows that the average customer will take action on the 7th interaction with a business.

Be professional. Present yourself as a reliable professional in ALL public forums.

Be consistent. Update your website, social media, fan pages, marketing materials regularly. Post something of value on regular time intervals. Multiple times per week.

Be prepared. Make sure you are ready to take advantage of opportunities that present themselves.
    Denon X1600, NI X1 Mk1 & Mk2, MF Twister
    Kontrol S2, Maschine Mk1, APC 40
    Retired: VCI-100 Arcade (Signed #198/300))
    BFM 10x DR200 & 10x Titan 39

Being good works wonders.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Start with this, it's going to at least help you get up up and running and offer some general advice on posting your work. The next step from the guide here will obviously depend on how good of a product you put out.. If you put out really mediocre tunes or cookie cutter mixes, it's not going to go anywhere for you. Quality is the most important factor in the music game.

http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthread.php?t=86855

The times they are a changing.
    Still say the best way is to go out and talk to people who run parties near you, become friends, invite back to yours for afterhours, show them you're stuff etc. etc.
    SC | MC

Tech Convert

Default Social media

Social media is HUGE. It takes some grinding. It takes some time. But build a website and let the website work for you 168 hours a week. Hours you cant spend working on promotion. Twitter, facebook, Instagram, etc. Forums are huge too. Developing personal relationships with other producers will take you a long way. Those are just a few suggestions. But keep everything fresh, and new. Keep doing different things to shake things up. Make it look presentable and neat. These are all things to consider when promoting your brand.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    Being good works wonders.
    LOOL I love this!

My most effective way of promoting was the Quality of my Services:
    - Playing Solide Sets that Count as sure values for my customers.
    - The way I represent myself as "product" like being friendly honnest, sincere and respectfull to customers, their guests but also other Providers or employees of the event.
    - Being "On Site" early for a gig and so having the opportunity of talking to everyone involved. This involves introducing myself to everyone (from the Manager to the Barkeeper to the Bouncer) if I Play at a new venue.
    - Never be sure that I am good, always questionning myself and giving myself an asskick when realising I'm getting lazzy in any Kind of way.
    - Always asking Promoters, Owners or Private Guests if my prestation was good and fullfilled their expectations and what could be improved.
    - Don't use the earned Money for own pleasure but as Budget to make new investitions in gear, tracks, etc...
    - Not trying to be what I am not: that includes being honnest to myself and if I wasn't happy with a booking telling the bookers, that I will not be working there for this or this reason.

Being honnest in every possible way is the best way to get a good Reputation, I know there are way better DJs out there, Promoters and Bookers know that but some tell me that they prefer to book me 'cause they know I'm a "Drama-Free Zone".

Best Promotion is when professionals talk good over you to other professionals.
    Last edited by Stephen Nawlins; 02-18-2016 at 03:59 AM.

^Great post.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Nawlins
    - Never be sure that I am good, always questionning myself and giving myself an asskick when realising I'm getting lazzy in any Kind of way.
    This, to me, is the description of confidence vs. arrogance, with a little humility thrown in for good measure. And it's the difference between being a successful business man, and an arrogant part-timer.

You come across as very professional, mate.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    ^Great post.

This, to me, is the description of confidence vs. arrogance, with a little humility thrown in for good measure. And it's the difference between being a successful business man, and an arrogant part-timer.

You come across as very professional, mate.
    Well this is the reason why I get more gig requests than I can and even want to do.

The only Problem is that I come accross as arrogant when I say to bookers that I don't wanna do a gig...they always think that if I am a DJ I am in Need for every offered one and should say yes when I haven't others plans that date.
    They can't accept that a DJ can say no for another reason than allready being booked for another gig.

I made Long enough 8-10 gigs a month to realise now (well since a couple of years now) that Quality Comes over Quantity and that my sets get better if I make less of them, but this is a process every DJ should go thru and has to come to that Point by himself, lots of different reasons can lead you to that Point.
    I would even say Young DJs, or such not being in Business for so Long, Need to make 8+ gigs a month for a while to find this "Path of Enlightment" and find their own way.

But I start definitively being Off Topic...all I wanted to say is: Thank you for getting it Patch.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast