Retagging tracks
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Retagging tracks

Have to retag a number of tracks and wanted to know is there a program out there that will batch tag?

Say I have...
    I Know You Got Soul - Remix
    I Know You Got Soul - Instrumental
    I Know You Got Soul - Vocal

Is there a way to batch retag keeping those tags without going threw every track?

Thanks in advanced

I'm not sure what specifically you're trying to retag, but if it's basic info like Artist, album, genre, or comments you could always use iTunes

Mp3tag is free, and should do what you need.

Tech Wizard

I'm using MusicBrainz and if I highlight say 10 tracks and I set them to be tagged Artist - Title, all 10 tracks will be tagged Artist - Title and that's it. There's no scripts to add the words Vocal, Instrumental, Remix etc. they would be erased.

So what I was trying to see if there is a way to keep all those descriptions when I tag said folder vs going threw every track?
    Last edited by Dearell68; 02-16-2016 at 10:30 PM.

Tag and Rename might help you do batch conversions

http://www.softpointer.com/tr.htm
    Weapons, not food, not homes, not shoes
    Not need, just feed the war cannibal animal

If you're willing to learn how to use it, you can perform magic with Mp3tag... one example, I have a pair of macros in mine to convert the INITIALKEY tag between Open Key and Camelot.

Quote Originally Posted by deathy View Post
    Mp3tag is free, and should do what you need.
    ^^^ This ^^^
    Denon DJ/MC6000KMK2/Launchpad S/LaunchcontrolXL/Traktor Pro 2/Bringin it since 96.

Yeah - if you're using ANYTHING BUT MP3Tag, you are wasting your time.

Truly amazing piece of software.

How are your tags arranged right now? I use a combination of Tags and Filename Structure. And MP3Tag can CREATE tags from filenames, and vice versa (create filenams from tags).

Juggling tags like this is VITAL if you are doing any kind of tag housekeeping/re-writing.

So what I was trying to see if there is a way to keep all those descriptions when I tag said folder vs going threw every track?
    As long as the information is there SOMEWHERE (I'm assuming you;'ve got VOCAL/INSTRUMENTAL/REMIX in the filename?), you can use that information to create the tags.

Download MP3Tag, join their forum, and learn to use it PROPERLY. You'll be glad you did. MP3Tag changed how I do everything. It is one serious piece of management software.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

MP3Tag is the easiest solution to Tag your mp3 files ( ID3V1 ). You can set your artwork for your mp3 in a easy ways.. i've been working with MediaMonkey before and it works fine as long as it can handle that.
    But i changed to MP3Tag due to it's simplicity , Fast , Free and easy to use. i strongly recommend it , just try it , you won't regret.
    Reloop RMX 40 BPM ( bae ) ; 2 x CDJ 800 mk1 ; Traktor Kontrol X1 ; Traktor Kontrol F1 ; AKAI MPK mini MK2 ; M audio Axiom 61 mk2.
    Genre : Dark techno , Dub techno , industrial , Experimental , Music.
    Soundcloud : https://soundcloud.com/choch1

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    Yeah - if you're using ANYTHING BUT MP3Tag, you are wasting your time.

Truly amazing piece of software.

How are your tags arranged right now? I use a combination of Tags and Filename Structure. And MP3Tag can CREATE tags from filenames, and vice versa (create filenams from tags).

Juggling tags like this is VITAL if you are doing any kind of tag housekeeping/re-writing.

As long as the information is there SOMEWHERE (I'm assuming you;'ve got VOCAL/INSTRUMENTAL/REMIX in the filename?), you can use that information to create the tags.

Download MP3Tag, join their forum, and learn to use it PROPERLY. You'll be glad you did. MP3Tag changed how I do everything. It is one serious piece of management software.
    Ok so you're saying MP3TAG is what I need?
    I have say 10 artist in a folder, a few of them are named wrong but all 10 have a Vocal, Instrumental, & remix. I can program MP3TAGE to batch tag the folder and all 10 artist will retain the tags of Vocal, Instrumental & remix without having to do each track individually?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast