glitchy waveforms in traktor when launching ableton

Default glitchy waveforms in traktor when launching ableton

dear forum,

after upgrading my macbook pro (mid 2012, 8 gb ram, ssd drive) to osx yosemite and latest software versions (trakor 2.10.013, live 9.6) everything seems to work fine except two issues... when I start ableton the waveform display in traktor is getting glitchy on playback. no matter if ableton is started before or after traktor, if both programs are running at the same time or not. I've to restart the machine to have stable waveforms in traktor again. any ideas or similar experiences?

second my novation launchcontrol xl makes an slight high pitched noise (the unit itself) when connected to my laptop, not sure if I just never noticed it before or if this is related to the update?

thank you in advance!

b

Tech Mentor

I had the same issue with a Macbook Air. I thought it was a performance issue, even though the CPU was running at ~40% or so. It seems to be some other problem, if you have the same.

thanky you for the reply, good to know I'm not the only one with this issue. don't think it's a performance issue (cpu usage is ~20% on my machine). ni support is slow, they wanted me to do a screen recording, but it doesn't capture the "out of sync stuff", so I did video with my smartphone and there it's visible, waiting for an answer now... ableton support was fast and nice, but they don't think it's their problem. my problem is that I have to play with this machine in front of audiences and it's no fun to experience strange behavior on an performance machine. it's working but it's feeling not so good.