new soundcard

Thread: new soundcard

Default new soundcard

My setup is as follows...

AH db4 used as soundcard for traktor 4 channels, next to it i run ableton, somehow i cant get ableton to pley nice with the db4, after a short period it starts to distord and the soundcard of the db4 crashes, both ableton or ah dont have a solution. because i can run traktor and maschine with no problems i was thinking of buying an external soundcard for ableton and or maschine, rme i would love to have but its out of my laege, any suggestions, i was looking at a native audio a10 ...thanks in advance
    Allen & Heath DB4, Xone K2, 2x Native instrument D2
    Soundcloud
    Mixcloud

Tech Mentor elohyspoissonpilote's Avatar

Traktor runs OK on 4 channel of DB4?
    If yes, just by a card for ableton and/or Maschine ==> NI Komplete Audio 6 it's good option, quality and price not goes to RME summits.
    When you play ableton with trakor,is it 4 Tkt channel + Ableton on the DB4 Soundcard or 3 channel Tkt and 1 for ableton? The problem can come from the first config. It runs wih Maschine may be because both softawer from NI and able to share 1 channel from the DB4 soundacrs (if i supposed that your set up is 3 channel forTK + 1 channel sharing TKT channel 4 and Maschine).

Is your computer reliable for run both TK on 4 channel and ableton (Standard, suite?) witch can be together Processor consuming.

Laptop is up to the job, I7 with 16 GB, processor load is not above 20 %..
    i had various configs, 3 channel traktor and ableton, ableton solo etc etc ...last night i reinstalled the driver and settings and it seems to be stable @ 128 samples and very low latancy ...so im hoping the problem is solved, will be buying a soundcard because i dont want to loose the 4th tkp channel on the db4 so i can use the mic input for ableton or maschine i think. I also switched the db4 usb from usb 3 to usb 2 maybe that did the trick.... thanks for thinking along ..
    Allen & Heath DB4, Xone K2, 2x Native instrument D2
    Soundcloud
    Mixcloud

Tech Mentor elohyspoissonpilote's Avatar

Yes, switching soundcard from USB 3 to USB 2 is often a good thing to avoid problems. Nice to hear that everything seem to work correctly now.