Traktor S8 & Roland TR-8 Drum Machine

Cool Traktor S8 & Roland TR-8 Drum Machine

Hey Guys,

I'm currently using a Traktor S4 Mk1 MBP and a TR-8 but I'm finding latency a bitch when using Traktor as the Master and midi sync. I have a delay of 13ms ish but it still sounds pretty bad. The work around I've done is to set the TR-8 as master and traktor as slave, this is not ideal as there is a lag when changing the tempo between the two and traktor takes time to catch up. Ironically, when you set the TR-8 input to "thru" the latency dissapears but you dont have any of the effects, but it records at a low volume.

Now all this said, would I be better to upgrade to an S8 to avoid all of this?

Have any of you out there got all of this set up and it works like a dream or should I be thinking of an analogue mixer and going down a different route?

Cheers
    MBP 2012, Traktor Scratch Pro, Kontrol X4, 1x Midi Fighters, TR-8

I had some problem with the midi send to. The speed was not stable all the time.
    Are you in 2.10 version? I think, if you have a problem with the internal clocking, there could be a lot of reasons for that. Your laptop, your sound card, the S4 and the weather....I would test the S8 before buying one, and do your test with a lot of thing going at the same time. With the four decks, stems, and all the effects, just to make sure everything is stable and that your TR8 sound good and stable.
    Remember, it always look good in the video.
    Just another thing, this machine the S8,is made for computer music « stable bpm » so if you like soul, funk, disco, etc... I would chose something else.
    Montreal
    https://www.facebook.com/Nearfield.M...ref=ts&fref=ts
    Traktor, S4, F1, APC40 and twister