(Serious) Complaints from upstairs neighbors - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Tech Wizard

I'm gonna go with don't worry about it if it's reasonable volume before 10pm.

Tech Wizard

Have you looked into products to decouple your sub from the floor like the Auralex Subdude? I haven't tried them myself, but from what I've read they seem to work really well both for reducing sound transmission through buildings and for the sound quality from the subwoofer.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Be0 View Post
    Have you looked into products to decouple your sub from the floor like the Auralex Subdude? I haven't tried them myself, but from what I've read they seem to work really well both for reducing sound transmission through buildings and for the sound quality from the subwoofer.
    Won't really help much. I've used a few models in the past, wasn't really impressed.

Talk to them
    Find out if there are anytimes they are out that you can play loud.

Whe I'm prepping for a gig I do as much as possible in the phones / neighbor friendly speakers then do one run through out the speakers at a reasonable hour. My neighbours know I DJ and don't mind it now and then but you have to be respectful as people freak easy at this kind of thing, it is intrusive in their place (especially if they have guests, family or small children living there / visiting), they feel (and are entitled too in a certain capacity) control over their home and what happens there.

Personally I think you have the right to make some noise in the same way they have the right to no noise (that is only fair), that's living life and being adult enough to comprimise, but ultimately you shouldn't impose (as they shouldn't) on the right to live the way seen fit. Unfortunately this would generally be seen as antisocial behaviour whether it is before volume curfews or not if it was persistent.

Talk about it, reach a comprimise or time slot, perhaps think about moving if that's not an option as incompatible neighbours can make life harder than it needs to be.
    Play the best set of the night, then disappear into the crowd like nothing happened...|
    https://soundcloud.com/fatmandy

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123