Mac

Thread: Mac

Tech Student

Default Mac

Hey guys, i need tips on finding a cheap mac.. My old Dell isnt working as id love to.. Just cannot spend 1500 bucks on a mac, any tips?

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Quote Originally Posted by huubjeuh View Post
    Hey guys, i need tips on finding a cheap mac.. My old Dell isnt working as id love to.. Just cannot spend 1500 bucks on a mac, any tips?
    Either get one from the Apple Refub Shop ($1000 appx for a Air 13' with 256 SSD for example) ... all refurbs come with full warranty and are eligible for Applecare.

http://www.apple.com/shop/browse/home/specialdeals/mac

OR

Buy a Secondhand MD101 and upgrade the Ram and to an SSD (last macbook that you could upgrade).

This model has remained the same since 2012 though - so getting a lil long in the tooth.

If you don't need portability, iMacs can be had cheap if you shop around and 4-5 year old models are still snappy even by todays standards (I'm using a mid 2010 iMac i5 / 256ssd / 8gb ram currently).

I bought it for $350 over a year ago, got it cheap as the Hard disk needed replacing.
    Last edited by deevey; 03-07-2016 at 09:54 AM.

Tech Wizard

I agree on the mid 2012 mbpro.... You can also pull the cd drive and insert another 2.5 hdd or ssd to preference.

Tech Wizard

Apple's refurbs are a good deal; a couple or few hundred off original pricing, and still come with the full warranty and support(which is a big part of Apple products' whole value).

I've bought a used Mac via Craigslist and been burned, when I didn't take the time to run diagnostics on it. So, if you do decide to go used from a private party, make sure to have it taken to an Apple Authorized Service Provider for diagnostics. That way you'll know if it's got any issues, and save yourself a lot of hassle.