Jack audio, ableton and traktor

Default Jack audio, ableton and traktor

Anyone any experience with setting up Jack audio on a windows pc ? i am trying to route the audio from traktor througt ableton and back to my db4....i have installed jack allready but cant find out how to get my audio devices inside jack..In the instruction manual there is this line:

From the Windows Start menu, locate the Jack folder and right click on Jack Portaudio icon, then select 'Send to Desktop' (this will place a shortcut on your desktop)
    Now go to your desktop and right click on the Jack PortAudio shortcut, and then select 'Properties' (use right click to open 'Properties')
    Add the following information to the 'Target' property: "C:\Program Files\Jack\jackd.exe" -R -S -d portaudio -d "ASIO::ASIO4ALL v2" [This configures Jack to use the ASIO4ALL v2 driver.
    But i cant find where to place the target property...

Now if i start up jack ill get a server error...

13:46:32.789 JACK is starting...
    13:46:32.789 jackd -S -dportaudio -r44100 -p256 -D -Chw:0 -Phw:0
    13:46:32.821 JACK was started with PID=24431720.
    13:46:35.084 Could not connect to JACK server as client. - Overall operation failed. - Unable to connect to server. Please check the messages window for more info.
    13:46:37.184 JACK has crashed.

Or maybe there is a more easy way to get this done,

Config is: windows 10 laptop, A&h DB4, Audio 2 dj soundcard, Ableton live 9.4 and traktor 2.1.1 any help is appreciated
    Allen & Heath DB4, Xone K2, 2x Native instrument D2
    Soundcloud
    Mixcloud

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

I used to use this virtual cable for Windows that always worked well for me.

Make sure you have installed the ASIO4ALL Driver, then type the 'Target' information in the "Target" field in the Jack Router Properties (Right click on the Jack PortAudio shortcut on your desktop, and then select 'Properties'):

w7_jack_portaudio_properties.jpg

This should make ALL of your available audio ins/outs show up in Jack, allowing you to make the connections between software apps.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

OK maybe i am missing something but the only thing i can find is portaudio_x86.dll, i cant find the jack port audio shortcut..

thanks sofar ..

Rob
    Soundcloud
    Mixcloud

Quote Originally Posted by ragverp View Post
    OK maybe i am missing something but the only thing i can find is portaudio_x86.dll, i cant find the jack port audio shortcut..

thanks sofar ..

Rob
    Stupid i have to make it myself, right ? but when i put the line in the target directory i get an error
    Soundcloud
    Mixcloud