Thoughts before buying a Pioneer XDJ-RX
    Tech Student

Default Thoughts before buying a Pioneer XDJ-RX

Hi!

I've been wanting to get into DJ-ing for a long time and am now finally about to take my first wobbly steps. After quite a bit of reading up and asking around I'm contemplating getting a Pioneer XDJ-RX. But before I do I just want to ask you for your thoughts on it as a setup for a complete beginner.

My main reasons for leaning this way is to get somewhat familiar with what mostly seem to be the industry standard setups in clubs(CDJs), but without having to spend the fortune it costs to get that gear. But also to have a good piece of gear that I can use for own parties etc.

So what do you think, will learning to use(and prepare files for) the XDJ-RX actually get me knowledgeable enough to somewhat seamlessly jump on to a CDJ setup later on?

And please also feel free to point out any other facts that might be good to know before buying it!

I'd be very greatful for your input, and yes, I'm fully aware that being a good dj does not come to what gear I'm using

Thanks in advance and bon weekend!

if you are a beginner get this:

https://www.pioneerdj.com/en-us/prod...lack/overview/

the XDJ-RX will be outdated by the time you need a better controller.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by loverocket View Post
    if you are a beginner get this:

https://www.pioneerdj.com/en-us/prod...lack/overview/

the XDJ-RX will be outdated by the time you need a better controller.
    I think he wants to just be able to jump on CDJs without using computer software to DJ with The XDJ RX is a great choice u can do basically everything a Pro club standard setup can do the workflow is identical. If I was just starting out that is what I would buy go for it man ! check out Cotts and ravine's review
    Traktor Scratch Pro 3.01 /MacOS High Sierra/Macbook Pro 13inch Early 2015
    MF Twister /Kontrol F1/Kontrol X1 Mk2 x 2/XDJ 1000 MK2 x2/Maschine Mk2/RMX 1000
    DJM 900 Nxs2 /HDJ X10s

Tech Convert

It's perfect for a beginner - great system which will lead you straight onto CDJs and if you every get fed up, good product to have for sell on.

Just make sure you learn to beat match, always a great skill to have when starting out as a digital DJ

Tech Convert

I am also kind of a beginner and being DJing from winter 2014 and currently have an XDJ-RX. Before this piece of kit I had a DDJ-SR and in fact I changed because of the fact it is useful to learn on universal setups like CDJ's and DJM and think that for a complete complete beginner maybe its a little much but still good.