Midi Drumpad Potential Live Setup

Default Midi Drumpad Potential Live Setup

> Hello!
    > I have a question about a potential setup. I am looking to have a live performance
    > setup where I can:
    > - Use pre-sliced samples (in FL-Studio) of, for example, a 60's/70's funk/soul
    > track and various drum shots and load them into the Maschine Mikro, creating
    > multiple sound groups to switch between in an hours-long performance.
    > - Trigger samples freely, with no looping live in a freestyle-type performance
    > - But be able to loop certain aspects of that freestyle-type performance at
    > certain points so that I can focus on other aspects of the performance (like
    > scratching on my external turntable fed into Maschine using an AUX cable or
    > playing a bassline/synthline in Maschine using a midi keyboard)
    >
    > So in general, the way that this would look is that I would be triggering samples
    > from multiple sound groups on Maschine Mikro (one sound group at a time),
    > primarily freestyling using a midi controller, but at times stopping the freestyle
    > and creating a loop using the same controller and Maschine Mikro that would run
    > while I switch over to my external turntable (AUX fed into computer [or Maschine
    > Mikro if possible]) to scratch, then switch back and go back to freestyling using
    > the controller and Maschine
    >
    > Is this possible with Maschine Mikro? I am on a low budget and I am considering
    > purchasing Maschine Mikro. If it is not possible with Maschine Mikro, is it
    > possible with the Maschine MK1? If it's not possible with any Maschine at all,
    > will you direct me to a controller/software that this is possible with?
    >
    >
    > Thank you,
    > Trevor Foley

You'll need Ableton Live, and any good Pad-Type controller. Ableton drum Racks are very good for what you want to do.

I like the older Akai MPD series of pad conroller. MPD32 is a beast, but even the 24 or 26 will be more than good enough.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    You'll need Ableton Live, and any good Pad-Type controller. Ableton drum Racks are very good for what you want to do.

I like the older Akai MPD series of pad conroller. MPD32 is a beast, but even the 24 or 26 will be more than good enough.
    Cool! Thanks, homie!