What does DJTT do with their broken equipment? Repair? Trash? Recycle?

Default What does DJTT do with their broken equipment? Repair? Trash? Recycle?

Well, shit breaks. While I was building a table for my producing stuff next to my dj stuff (S4 MK1, Maschine MK2, Korg Taktile, MBP, VT-3, Komplete audio 6, Telecaster 2006 and Rokits 6) I thought "well how long until this stuff dies?". Yes my stuff it's fairly new and it still got some years left but I've seen a lot of the 'Show us your setup" posts with TONS of equipment not mentioning those that have some awesome vintage stuff like 808's, old Technics, old Pioneer mixers, analog MPC's etc and I was like "damn, it must REAAAALLY SUCK to be making music there and hear the pop and get the burned electronics smell ". You may get a broken knob or button but as long as the thing powers on constrain could make you more creative in many scenarios .

So, would it be non-ceremonial burial to the trashcan? Contacting manufacturer (keeping in mind there is limited support until they dont have any more parts/phase out to other stuff and cost)? Looking for a repair man that knows electronics (I've seen those disappearing rather quickly)?

I hate making trash so just try to repair for myself. Sometimes it's a cold solder or busted cap which can be dealt with but most are those really tiny circuit boards that just doesn't show any apparent damage or things that there are no parts anywhere. Period. Thinking about this I looked for the oldest electronics me or friends had around and most is new stuff (2010>), yes my fridge was made in 1993, my alarm clock is a Casio from the 80's, there's a Realistic mixer in the closet probably from early 90's, a friend has a G5 with an old as shit Reason version; but on this "throw away" society and low investment/high profits quality on build goods, planned obsolescence, etc. odds arent really on our side.
    Erase. Stop. Start.

ive honestly never had anything in my studio , excepting laptops, shit the bed. i generally sell off things i dont use, or give it to friends, when something outlives its usefulness.

i remember once , a guy gave me an old launchpad he though was broken, but i plugged in and it worked great.
    Traktor/Ableton /Komplete /MBP OSX el capitan

http://www.soundcloud.com/deejaesnafu

Fried my Macbook once, was not able to fix that myself but after using a wrong PSU for my Keyboard it was quite easy to fix actually
    MF Pro & Spectra | Kontrol S4 MKI | 2x Kontrol S1 MKI | MC-1000 | Generic MKI