USB Issues: Corsair Flash Survivor (Stealth 64GB)
    Tech Student

Default USB Issues: Corsair Flash Survivor (Stealth 64GB)

Hi all,

I was wondering if I am the only one out there having issues with my USB stick(s), in particular the Corsair Flash Survivor (Stealth) 64GB.

My issue:
    When loading the USB onto a CDJ2000(Nexus), no Rekordbox Database is loaded. The tracks are on the USB stick as I can load them through browsing through the contents folder, to the artists and than the track itself.
    So, no playlists, artist information, or other rekordbox information is shown.

This issue has been going on for weeks. I tried +- 6 different CDJ2000(Nexus) and the problem remains on all of them. Tried formatting my stick several times (MS-DOS [FAT]) on my Mac, but still nothing.

It worked perfectly fine with the CDJ850, which made no sense to me.

What have I tried:
    Formatting the USB. No success.
    Exporting the playlists again. No success.

I've tried to look this up but I've had no success. There are some threads on the interwebs saying this might be a chipset issue and I can generally see some problems with 64GB sticks.

Hope someone can help me out!

Tech Guru

Actually, as I remember, this USB Stick is recommended by the Pioneer Suport Team, which means the problem is probably Rekordbox itself.

I've had this problem when I used RB, and it was the reason to not use it anymore.

Let's see if it's easy to fix, have you done a double complete format in FAT-32? (I know it sounds stupid, but that's how it is, you should do a complete format in FAT-32 twice in a row)

I've seen people from Pioneer recommending using 32Gb Sticks formatted in FAT-32 for minimum chances of error, don't ask me why.
    13" Macbook Air i7, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD | Traktor 2.7.1 | Ableton Live 9 | DJM-900 Nexus | NI Audio 10 | A&H Xone:K2 | Oyaide USB & RCA | HDJ-2000 | Odyssey BRLDIGITAL Bag

Tech Mentor

In the future I would always try to buy SanDisk Cruzer Extreme or similar class USB sticks. They are very reliable and I've never had any issues when using them with any Pioneer software/hardware. The load time is fast and the data transfer speeds are quick. I always keep one on my keyring too.

Quote Originally Posted by Retracked View Post
    Hi all,

I was wondering if I am the only one out there having issues with my USB stick(s), in particular the Corsair Flash Survivor (Stealth) 64GB.

My issue:
    When loading the USB onto a CDJ2000(Nexus), no Rekordbox Database is loaded. The tracks are on the USB stick as I can load them through browsing through the contents folder, to the artists and than the track itself.
    So, no playlists, artist information, or other rekordbox information is shown.

This issue has been going on for weeks. I tried +- 6 different CDJ2000(Nexus) and the problem remains on all of them. Tried formatting my stick several times (MS-DOS [FAT]) on my Mac, but still nothing.

It worked perfectly fine with the CDJ850, which made no sense to me.

What have I tried:
    Formatting the USB. No success.
    Exporting the playlists again. No success.

I've tried to look this up but I've had no success. There are some threads on the interwebs saying this might be a chipset issue and I can generally see some problems with 64GB sticks.

Hope someone can help me out!
    Hey bud, did you get any updates on this problem as of yet? I'm having literally EXACTLY the same problem as you on the same USB, 64GB etc. I've formatted to FAT32 on both my Macbook Pro and my Windows PC and no luck.. I've double formatted also and no luck, my USB has been stuck like this for a whole month since I've bought it and I cant find a solution