Xdj-rx

Thread: Xdj-rx

Default Xdj-rx

Hey guys!!!

Been a minute since I've posted here. I'm picking up an XDJ-RX tomorrow and wanted to know if any of you know of some great, extensive tutorials to using Rekordbox as someone coming from Traktor. Also, any tips or tricks for the XDJ-RX itself.

Thanks in advance!!
    Ian
    Pioneer XDJ-RX//Rekordbox & Ableton Push 1//Ableton 9 Suite
    15" MacBook Pro 2017//Quad Core i7 @ 3.1GHz//16GB RAM//1TB SSD//AMD 560 4GB GPU

Tech Wizard

Rekordbox is fairly straight forward to use, make sure the USBs are formatted correctly, process your tracks on Rekordbox (add cues etc) and export to USB. The display on the XDJ-RX is excellent IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by dt17 View Post
    Rekordbox is fairly straight forward to use, make sure the USBs are formatted correctly, process your tracks on Rekordbox (add cues etc) and export to USB. The display on the XDJ-RX is excellent IMO.
    Know of any tuts that go over all that really well? I'm a visual learner.
    Pioneer XDJ-RX//Rekordbox & Ableton Push 1//Ableton 9 Suite
    15" MacBook Pro 2017//Quad Core i7 @ 3.1GHz//16GB RAM//1TB SSD//AMD 560 4GB GPU

Tech Convert

The videos from Dubspot should get you up and running with using Rekordbox.

Tech Wizard

Congrats! I've been wavering between the XDJ-RX and Traktor's S5/S8. One consideration is sound quality. I'm wondering if Pioneer uses the same audio chips as they do in their CDJ's. I have no idea what Native Instruments is using for their sound chips.

Congrats on getting one, I've had one about 4 months now and absolutely love it.

Only a couple of things I can suggest is get to know the menu options for rekord box while using the unit as you can actually do a lot more editing of tracks, data and loops etc than is immediately apparent. Obviously you have to re-update from your data stick when you plug back into rekord box on the laptop but its no biggy really. And means when you find those gems that work well or a loop that you want to move from where it was set on the laptop it means you can.

Also if you are planning to use it as a traktor controller at any point we noticed that the original firmware was pretty crap at working with traktor and was very buggy. The new ones seem to be on point so make sure that is all up to date and you should be gravy! Obvious point I know but my mate used his right out the box and got concerned as it wasn't working well.

Enjoy!
    MBP, 15.4", Ableton Live 8 Suite, Novation Remote SL, Pioneer XDJ-RX, Traktor, VCI 100SE!