DJ tractor issues ....Need help please.
    Tech Convert

Default DJ tractor issues ....Need help please.

Since I'm new to all of you, let me take a moment to give you my back ground.
    If you want to skip that part, scroll down to the ......#4.......paragraph.

I have been a musician for 40 years (an admixture one) but one none the less.
    I have spent over 10 years as a sound man for every type of band you can think of.
    however I gave that up about 4 years ago.
    I sold all my pa stuff but kept the mains EQ's amps and am gearing more for just having a bad ass home pa system.

Equipment.
    Poineer DJM 5000
    DBX 2131 Duel 31 band EQ
    DBX Drive Rack PA2
    Currently using Numark CDN 450's CD players.
    Looking to up grade to the Poineer MEP 7000 CD player.
    Amps are EV Q1212 for EV T252t double 15'' tops.
    Sub amp is another EV Q12121 running 2 EV MTL1-x subs.

Now to my problem. The 5000 mixer works great. I up graded from the DJM 3000.
    The 5000 has a USB to hook up for your PC
    Since I bought the 5000 used, it didn't come with the soft wear disk.(probably out of date anyway)
    So I called Pioneer directly and the helped me download the drivers.
    But when I put all the assignment switches to USB and hook it to my PC. It says the soft wear is been ready to use.
    But it docent work.The PC is not recognizing the mixer when hoicked up.
    I have checked my PC and it should support it.
    The only thing I don't have is tractor.
    There is no free down load so do I need to buy the program?
    Do I need tractor or some other dueal DJ soft wear to make this work?

This is not for DJ work, but for my own personal bad ass PA juke box.

Sorry to through so much at you with my first post. But I do need help working this out.

Thanks Dennis Culberson.....AKA sb47

Firstly,

The MEP 'head unit' will operate as a MIDI controller over USB. It will have capability to control the software with appropriate MIDI mapping facility. Traktor will allow this unit to be MIDI Mapped, no probs. The display will not work as it would do with CD. The visual feedback would be on the computer, and not on the display of the MEP as you might expect.

Secondly, You may have issues with output. MEP will control the software, that's all. AFAIK the output will be coming from the computer and not the MEP, You can select CD or PC, so you can have the cd player attached. Depending on your setup, you may need another soundcard - USB or otherwise to create another audio output to create another output for use of multiple decks on your mixer.

Other Software is available... VDJ will work also for example, and any other prog that allows MIDI mapping should work fine.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    Denon DJ/MC6000KMK2/Launchpad S/LaunchcontrolXL/Traktor Pro 2/Bringin it since 96.

Quote Originally Posted by DJAdeSands View Post
    Firstly,

The MEP 'head unit' will operate as a MIDI controller over USB. It will have capability to control the software with appropriate MIDI mapping facility. Traktor will allow this unit to be MIDI Mapped, no probs. The display will not work as it would do with CD. The visual feedback would be on the computer, and not on the display of the MEP as you might expect.

Secondly, You may have issues with output. MEP will control the software, that's all. AFAIK the output will be coming from the computer and not the MEP, You can select CD or PC, so you can have the cd player attached. Depending on your setup, you may need another soundcard - USB or otherwise to create another audio output to create another output for use of multiple decks on your mixer.

Other Software is available... VDJ will work also for example, and any other prog that allows MIDI mapping should work fine.

Ade, he doesn't have MEP unit now. He does have the DJM-5000 mixer which has an audio interface inside (6out for 3 software decks), he doesn't need to purchase a separate one.
    What we need is what OS he has, what usb port is the mixer plugged in, what pioneer drivers are installed and if he doesn't have traktor installed yet - how can he tell his mixer doesn't work?
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

Tech Mentor

I don't even think its a midi issue, it sounds like he just hooked his mixer to the PC and wants to run sound out of the PC through the mixer. You have to set your PC to use the soundcard in the DJM5000.

Quote Originally Posted by SlayForMoney View Post
    Ade, he doesn't have MEP unit now. He does have the DJM-5000 mixer which has an audio interface inside (6out for 3 software decks), he doesn't need to purchase a separate one.
    What we need is what OS he has, what usb port is the mixer plugged in, what pioneer drivers are installed and if he doesn't have traktor installed yet - how can he tell his mixer doesn't work?
    I read the post totally wrong then.. I had read that OP had upgraded to MEP.. and wanted info about connecting it to traktor... ooops! That's what half asleep does.. durrrrrr

Last edited by DJAdeSands; 04-12-2016 at 02:16 AM.
    Denon DJ/MC6000KMK2/Launchpad S/LaunchcontrolXL/Traktor Pro 2/Bringin it since 96.

Tech Convert

Default DJ tractor issues ....Need help please.

Thanks for the replies.
    No I dont have the MEP yet and would only get one with the CD deck included.
    Here is what I have done so far.
    I downloaded the "correct" drivers for windows directly from Pioneer.
    I followed the install task manager and let it do its thing.
    Once it said install complete, I plugged in the USB and turned on the mixer.
    My PC made it's little sound saying it was plugged in and the soft wear was ready to use. But I don't get any Icon saying my mixer is being seen by my PC. Even though when you turn it on, it says it's ready to use.
    Before turning on the mixer I made sure the MIDI switch was on and all USB switches on channels 2,3 and 4 were set to USB.
    Using VDJ player no signal is getting to the mixer.
    I tried to set the OS to mixer out but still no luck.
    All other functions seem to work great, just cant get the mixer and PC to talk to each other.

Any other hints?
    Thanks Dennis............AKA sb47

Have you installed Pioneer ASIO driver?
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

Tech Mentor

You have to set your PC to use the soundcard in the mixer. Any software also has to be told which soundcard to use. If the PC is making sounds when the mixer is plugged in that means it is acknowledging a connection. What icon would you see? You have to go to control panel>sounds and set the soundcard.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by SlayForMoney View Post
    Have you installed Pioneer ASIO driver?
    No, I don't know what ASIO means. lol
    I'm guessing thats something to do with where the audio out put is.
    I'm obviously not a computer guy, or I could have figured it out by now.
    The mixer program VDJ is working. But when I go to control panel, there is no icon showing the pc is connected to the mixer. (the JDM 5000)
    Any time I plug a USB into my PC it pops up an icon in control panel.
    I'm not getting that icon.
    I'll keep tinkering with it. I don't really need the sound card in the mixer. I have been just using the 1/4 audio out from my PC to my mixer. I'm sure the sound card quality in the mixer is better then the 1/4 audio out i'm using now.
    I do love having "ALL" my music on a hard drive. makes making play list very handy and can be stored.
    Any other hints would be greatly appreciated.