Midifighter Twister - Firmware - No update since August 2014 - Page 4
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Confirming that the Shift Encoder 'hold' and 'toggle' now output to Ch.5
    However I had trouble mapping the LED Rings while they are in their "Shifted state" - it seems that firmware doesn't respond to MIDI IN information sent from Traktor if their Shift state is active.
    The "Basic state" outputs fine.

Tech Convert

Default MIDI Clock Arrange

Hey DJTT!

When i receive my new MF Twister, and connect it to Traktor - i found one strange think. Beat between Twister (Deck C, or Deck D) and any other deck (A, B) not fully synchronized. Looks like Twister little bit faster and push sample a little earlier.

I try a lot of things:
    >>> Use different PC (Workstation (with 32GB RAM, I7, SSD, WIN10) and Laptop (I5, 4Gb RAM, HDD, WIN 8,1)
    >>> Disable SYNC on samples and RMX DECK
    >>> Try to Adjust MIDI latency in Traktor Settings (1ms-100ms step by step)
    >>> Disable virtual MIDI Port
    >>> Change RMX Set, and make new from very small samples.
    >>> A lot of times i press to SYNC button on Twister, and when synchronization in process (RED beat indicators) - BEAT become good, but only till SYNC in progress...

Result: Same situation... Beat between TRACK DECK and RMX DECK not matched. Same BPM, but some Deck faster.

BUT! If i just run RMX Deck, and Some normal MP3 Deck, and wait around 2-3min of playback - Timing between Track Deck And RMX Deck will come to normal to full synchronization.

I hope you understand what i mean. And, may be, You have some countermeasure?
    I think - best way is prepare some tool, or Button sequence for BPM Adjust (Move)

Please Help me, and may be, to someone else?

When will be the public release for the new update ???

Default feature request: fine adjust on by default

Is there any way to default the encoders to fine adjust mode? They are so sensitive as it is. Also can you add white and a few gray scale values as an available color in midi fighter?

Thanks
    Greg

@Brotland

The latest build is here in this thread (see my last reply) you can manually load that into your MF twister and it should fix most of the bugs. The team is working on the latest version, which polishes up a few things and that should be posted here by next week!

Cheers

Tech Convert

Default centre value problem (encoder value skips 64?)

@EanGolden

Hi, I've just got twister and it's really nice controller.
    my twister seems to have problem around centre value 0x40 (MIDI VALUE 64).

* Normal Mode (no detent) : Encoder value skips 0x40 (MIDI VALUE 64). [0-63 {skip 64} 65-127]
    * Detent Mode : Encoder value is stopped on 0x3F (MIDI VALUE 63) and skips 0x40(MIDI VALUE 64). [0-63 {detent 63} {skip 64} 65-127]

when I use "MFTwister - Recovery.hex.zip" on this page:
    https://techtools.zendesk.com/hc/en-...the-MF-Utility

* Normal Mode : seems fine.
    * Detent Mode : same problem.

is there already fixed firmware? or can fix with MFU? I couldn't find it out.

thanks

Default A possible problem with Twister firmware

@Ean.

Hello. Sorry to post a second time in this thread. I have a problem that I believe is to do with the firmware of the Twister. Can you please confirm if it is due to the firmware, and whether a fix is possible.

The problem seems to be that the Twister doesn't like to have the same MIDI out information sent across multiple banks of encoders. The core of this problem can be demonstrated by following these steps.

1. Using the Midi Fighter Utility, set the Encoder Rotary MIDI settings like this:
    Bank 1, encoder 1 - MIDI channel 1, Encoder MIDI number 0
    Bank 2, encoder 1 - MIDI channel 1, Encoder MIDI number 0
    Basically, set an encoder to the same channel and MIDI note number across multiple banks.

2. In Ableton Live, map this rotary encoder to a parameter.

3. Switch the twister into bank 1 - in this bank, everything works fine. When I use the mouse to change the parameter in Ableton, the lights around the encoder light up to reflect this change.

4. This is where the problem is - when I change to bank 2, the lights around the encoder DO NOT change to reflect changes made to a parameter in Ableton. As such, when the encoder is moved in bank 2, it does not pickup from the parameter's location in Ableton. Instead, the parameter jumps straight to the location outlined on the Twister.

Due to this problem, I can't see a way to create a Twister mapping where some encoders always have the same function, while other encoders change their function by changing the bank.

Thank you for your help,
    Daniel

Tech Convert

Question So?

@EanGolden.

So, what about SYNC problems? We have any chanses for ON AIR adjust BeatGrid of RMX Deck? Just move it forward or back, like normal deck... Or, like jog-wheels use....
    SYNC for BPM syncronization, and something for BeatGrid adjustment in Sequenser mode...

Quote Originally Posted by EanGolden View Post
    @Brotland

The latest build is here in this thread (see my last reply) you can manually load that into your MF twister and it should fix most of the bugs. The team is working on the latest version, which polishes up a few things and that should be posted here by next week!

Cheers
    Hey Ean, if you're still concerned about the management of the github repository, I don't know about the twister but I do own a MF Pro and a MF Spectra so if you are open-sourcing them too (I know the MF pro's code is already available, but not yet on github I believe) I would be willing to review, test and if useful merge the pull requests. Though it would be nice to have a couple of people (3 or something) to manage this stuff. Anyway hit me up if you need someone for this.

Cheers
    MF Pro & Spectra | Kontrol S4 MKI | 2x Kontrol S1 MKI | MC-1000 | Generic MKI

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by EanGolden View Post
    should be posted here by next week!
    @Ean

Hi Ean, how are you?
    Any news about new build?

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast