Traktor Audio 2 soundcard is no good for me, what's an alternative?

Default Traktor Audio 2 soundcard is no good for me, what's an alternative?

So I picked up a NI Traktor Audio 2 soundcard to DJ off my laptop with. The problem now is I don't actually use Traktor to DJ for the most part, I use MixMeister. But I figured the Traktor Audio 2 would still work like a soundcard with two audio outputs ... wrong! The thing only works like that in Traktor, so I'm kinda boned.

I've searched around in /r/DJs for a solution but most people are saying NI Traktor Audio 2 or the NI Audio 4 DJ. I'll pick up the Audio 4 DJ but I don't want the same bullshit that happened with the Audio 2 to happen where it's really built for Traktor and won't do what I need it to in other programs.

Or someone could point me towards another great USB external soundcard that'll give me two rock solid channels of audio (and maybe a volume controlled headphone jack) with low latency. Any help or advice is appreciated!

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Quote Originally Posted by docsavage View Post
    But I figured the Traktor Audio 2 would still work like a soundcard with two audio outputs ... wrong! The thing only works like that in Traktor, so I'm kinda boned.
    You'll find that a great many people use the Audio2 with a multitude of multi-channel applications that are not Traktor e.g. Ableton, Virtual DJ, Mixxx, Logic etc...

Something messed up with your audio configuration methinks, maybe if you can post up the specs of your machine, OS etc. someone can help you out.
    Last edited by deevey; 04-11-2016 at 06:28 PM.

Tech Wizard

I found this which makes it sound like its possible to use with Mixmeister: http://community.mixmeister.com/mixm...cs/dual_output

You may need to double check your audio settings.

Cool, I will fiddle with it some more. I had spoken to several other mixmeister people who all used the Audio 2 for main output and their internal sound card for cue, but that's obviously kinda shit. But now that I'm hearing from you guys that this should be possible, I'm gonna fiddle with it til i get it right.

Thank you!