headphones higher or lower impedance.

Default headphones higher or lower impedance.

Hello
    just got a simple question ,my HDJ1000 is broken , i've been looking to buy a Sennheiser HD 25 headphone and i found that the store i'm dealing with have 2 models , the sennheiser HD 25 and the Sennheiser HD 25 Amperior , the difference between them is the impedance ( 70 ohm for the normal model and 18 ohm for the amperior ) and slightly some other differences. as i understand , the amperior should work very well with devices like phones , laptops , etc.. but it will work as the normal HD 25 on a DJ mixer?
    i'm taking one for DJ uses and some studio mixing. which one should i go for?
    The price is the same for both i can say..
    any advice would be appreciated , peace.
    Reloop RMX 40 BPM ( bae ) ; 2 x CDJ 800 mk1 ; Traktor Kontrol X1 ; Traktor Kontrol F1 ; AKAI MPK mini MK2 ; M audio Axiom 61 mk2.
    Genre : Dark techno , Dub techno , industrial , Experimental , Music.
    Soundcloud : https://soundcloud.com/choch1

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Quote Originally Posted by Choch View Post
    Hello
    just got a simple question ,my HDJ1000 is broken , i've been looking to buy a Sennheiser HD 25 headphone and i found that the store i'm dealing with have 2 models , the sennheiser HD 25 and the Sennheiser HD 25 Amperior , the difference between them is the impedance ( 70 ohm for the normal model and 18 ohm for the amperior ) and slightly some other differences. as i understand , the amperior should work very well with devices like phones , laptops , etc.. but it will work as the normal HD 25 on a DJ mixer?
    i'm taking one for DJ uses and some studio mixing. which one should i go for?
    The price is the same for both i can say..
    any advice would be appreciated , peace.
    The "New" HD25 aluminum are better and should be ALOT more cash.

IMHO, If the choice is between the two at the same price, go with the HD25 as the Amperiors are discontinued and factory refurbished ones were all over the internet for $99 a few months ago (I have a pair).

Thx for the advice.
    going for the HD 25.
    Reloop RMX 40 BPM ( bae ) ; 2 x CDJ 800 mk1 ; Traktor Kontrol X1 ; Traktor Kontrol F1 ; AKAI MPK mini MK2 ; M audio Axiom 61 mk2.
    Genre : Dark techno , Dub techno , industrial , Experimental , Music.
    Soundcloud : https://soundcloud.com/choch1