Think I may have a unique question or I just haven't looked hard enough

Default Think I may have a unique question or I just haven't looked hard enough

Guys hope you can help, posted this on the NI Forum also

Hi guys thanks for reading and hope you can help, I've done some digging and can't for the life of me find an answer / example of how I'd like to run my (incoming set up). Maybe I'm just stupid and the answer is simple and I'm over thinking it.......so here goes

My current set up is 2 1210's running timecode into a 4 channel DJM700 with an Audio 8 and MacBook Pro .... I love timecode and vinyl and use both but need to add some CDJs to the set up and I'm about to hit the buy button on 2 900 nexus players.

Now my question is I want to play the CDJs in HID mode (to control traktor) / flick to usb/ cd etc which I know how to set up but I also want to retain the use of my 1210s in decks C & D. Will traktor be ok registering the CDJs in HID mode and the timecode via the A8 and is it just a case of setting the inputs correctly within preferences

If it's a YES please let me know, not sure I'm over thinking it.... And does anyone have this set up????

Thanks in advance. Hope someone can stop my head noodling

For a solid answer, I'd email NI customer support.
    Traktor/Ableton /Komplete /MBP OSX el capitan

http://www.soundcloud.com/deejaesnafu

Quote Originally Posted by Deejaesnafu View Post
    For a solid answer, I'd email NI customer support.
    Yeah you're probably right , thanks for the advice...thought I was just being dim but the lack of responses kind of validated my initial thoughts

Appreciate you responding

Yes, no problem. You will still use Audio 8 as your soundcard (you don't use CDJ's soundcards in aggregate mode), connected with 4 RCA cables to line/cd inputs on your DJM700 channels. CDJ will be connected with USB cable to your laptop (you'll need 3 usb ports in total, if you need to use a usb hub make sure to connect Audio8 directly to the laptop and CDJ on the usb hub).

The only problem you'll have is you don't have enough of free cd/line inputs on the DJM700 to connect both CDJ's directly to the mixer (for when you want to use CD's or USB memory sticks). You can solve that by connecting CDJ's into the Audio8 line inputs and setting the Audio8 (or Traktor decks - I'm not sure if Audio8 has a hardware switch for that) to "through" mode. Or setting C/D deck output on the same RCA cable so you free one channel on the mixer for the CDJ.
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

Quote Originally Posted by SlayForMoney View Post
    Yes, no problem. You will still use Audio 8 as your soundcard (you don't use CDJ's soundcards in aggregate mode), connected with 4 RCA cables to line/cd inputs on your DJM700 channels. CDJ will be connected with USB cable to your laptop (you'll need 3 usb ports in total, if you need to use a usb hub make sure to connect Audio8 directly to the laptop and CDJ on the usb hub).

The only problem you'll have is you don't have enough of free cd/line inputs on the DJM700 to connect both CDJ's directly to the mixer (for when you want to use CD's or USB memory sticks). You can solve that by connecting CDJ's into the Audio8 line inputs and setting the Audio8 (or Traktor decks - I'm not sure if Audio8 has a hardware switch for that) to "through" mode. Or setting C/D deck output on the same RCA cable so you free one channel on the mixer for the CDJ.
    Excellent, thanks for the advice