I have been a dj of sorts for the last three years. i say of sorts because all i have done so far is learn how to scratch.. im just into that thats why i got a turntable and mixer in the first place. I will never substitute vinyl when i scratch but i am starting to feel like using one of these arcade controlers would be the way to go when i start learning to mix. I am dabling with ableton live 8 learning to produce my own beats and eventually incorporate them into my dj sets which i planed on using traktor. however it seems like the only advantage is the cue points arcade button style and the custom mapping, is this worth it compared to having a pioneer or a&h in conjunction with traditional turntables and timecoded vinyl? Is "controllerism" just a hole new style of dj'ing that caters towards live remixing.

ANyone know about production? i like hip hop beats to scratch too and otherwise trance drum n bass or dub step is what i plan on trying to produce to mix hopefully at shows or festivals one day. Is ableton really the best way to go?

please and thank you. music is my hobbie and i know i need $$$ and time to acquire the tools and skills necessary to see my thoughts come to fruition.. having all this background knowledge without any actual practice gives me an advantage because i am in the process of making very informed decisions on purchases and the direction in which i want to focus my time, however it puts me at a disadvantage as well... I have no clue where to start