TECHNICS TURNTABLES to be Discontinued - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

I can better rush to the store to get that last turntable to complete my set.

Stanton 150's are pretty sexy turntables, i wonder if new clubs will install these instead - i am strongly considering picking up a pair myself

Found this on biggie.co.nz

http://www.biggie.co.nz/interaction/...00s_about.html

Someone there claims that they're only discontinuing the MK5, with the MK2 and MK5G remaining, but I can't see any hard evidence...
    Last edited by Lantau; 11-26-2009 at 09:13 AM.
    MacBook, Vestax VCI-300 with Serato Itch
    www.djlantau.com | www.youtube.com/djlantau | www.soundcloud.com/djlantau

I heard this story last week from a guy who services Technics, he said they will continue because they reckon they can still make money on the back of parts being that there is something like 3 million tt's around the world ah well maybe he got that wrong :/

Is this a wind up ? It appears from searching from articles that this has been said many times before!
    M I S T E R M O L E Y M O L E
    part of the digital revolution

Tech Mentor

I supose this is just logical... other companies like vestax have jumped in the train of the controller era... but technics just does cdjs and mixers (which are great) but times are changing and 1200 sales must have dropped fown...

Anyway I checked in google and there are no official announcements, so it may only be a rumor to boost sales or something...

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

I can see this being true. As mentioned theres 3 million out there.
    Plenty go round and be sold and re-sold for decades.

Technics are like any business. They probably think "right we done that for years. let stop and do something else"

Theres a huge trade in second hand decks. I suppose technics arent making that much money anymore on the 1210.

Whilst us that have Techs might get a bit teary eyed , Technics are probably thinking "Meh... so what" . Lets face it they dont need to keep going round in circles, they will be legendary forever.

people will naturally assume that its down to the popularity of Vestax (yummy) and Numark (shudder) and Technics have been left behind. Thats always an accusation when someone poplular decides to pack in.

Theyve got nothing to prove.

There probably already inventing the next breed of Cyber Toasters or Robot Dogs.

Tech Guru

as long as those robot dogs walk at 33 1/3 feet per minute, its all good.

wait... its just the 1200 and 1210 mk2 that are discontinued. there are still more turntables in their product line that are good also, if not even better. just thinking out loud.
    Samsung R780, Novation Launchpad
    NI AUDIODJ 2, DJTECH IMIX RELOAD, BEHRINGER BCD 3000, KORG NANOPAD
    VESTAX VMC002XL, NUMARK DM3000X, NUMARK TT200
    NI TRAKTOR DUO, VIRTUAL DJ 7 PRO FULL

You've possibly already seen this, but I present my take from 18 months ago for additional reading: http://www.skratchworx.com/news3/comments.php?id=956

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast