Denon DN-X1600 on Windows 10? problems
    Tech Mentor

Default Denon DN-X1600 on Windows 10? problems

I've just sold a Denon DN-X1600 mixer a week a go, and the guy got back to me today saying it doesn't work.

I ruled out a fault with the mixer (its practically brand new) and narrowed it down to a problem with Windows or Traktor.

I'm wondering if anyone else knows of any known issues with Windows and this mixer when used with Traktor?

He's saying he's downloaded the latest drivers and when trying to install he gets an error:

'Service DN-X1600 Audio Device Monitor failed to start. Verify you have sufficient privileges to start system services.'

I don't think this would prevent the driver from installing so I instructed him to click Ignore and let the installation finish.

Now he's saying when he opens Traktor and selects the mixer (i'm assuming selecting it from the settings) it crashes Traktor and shows a crash log.

I use a Mac so can't offer first hand advice, any suggestions?

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by goodbytes View Post
    I've just sold a Denon DN-X1600 mixer a week a go, and the guy got back to me today saying it doesn't work.

I ruled out a fault with the mixer (its practically brand new) and narrowed it down to a problem with Windows or Traktor.

I'm wondering if anyone else knows of any known issues with Windows and this mixer when used with Traktor?

He's saying he's downloaded the latest drivers and when trying to install he gets an error:

'Service DN-X1600 Audio Device Monitor failed to start. Verify you have sufficient privileges to start system services.'

I don't think this would prevent the driver from installing so I instructed him to click Ignore and let the installation finish.

Now he's saying when he opens Traktor and selects the mixer (i'm assuming selecting it from the settings) it crashes Traktor and shows a crash log.

I use a Mac so can't offer first hand advice, any suggestions?
    I have a dn-x1600 and used with windows 10 without any problems then switched to mac...

the only thing i can think about: did he switch the mixer to pc mode thru the internal settings... if its still in mac mode he might have some problems connecting...

other than that maybe is version of traktor is not legit ?

get back to us ... im curious

need the new 64 bit drivers

http://www.denondj.com/products/view/dn-x1600
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Does anyone have a copy of the drivers for windows 7 ? Denon have removed the dn-x1600 pages from the website.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by oddworld_audio View Post
    Does anyone have a copy of the drivers for windows 7 ? Denon have removed the dn-x1600 pages from the website.
    You can try the German product page (which is still online): https://www.denondj.de/dn-x-1600

Either scroll down to the Downloads Tab in the middle of the page.
    Or use this direct link: https://www.denondj.de/sites/default...1600_1.0.1.zip
    Last edited by solger; 02-17-2019 at 07:10 AM.

Perfect, Thanks Solger !!