Connecting 2 mics

Default Connecting 2 mics

Basically, I'm trying to connect 2 mics to my TKS4 MK2. I'm going to try today before my gig, but thought I would ask how you all would do it. Or if it's even possible?

I've thought about running my TKS4 MK2 out to an external mixer, then that mixer into my mic port while my other Master Outs went straight to the speakers. Never tried the setup before, not sure if it would work, but in theory, it seems like it would work???

Tech Mentor

if you wanted to make it fun, you could just pre record anything you could ever say and then just chop it up with cue points and finger drumming.
    Technics 1210 / Pioneer plx 1000 / Xone 42 / Adam a3x / UA apollo twin / Maschine mikro / Ableton live 9 / Maschine 2 / MBP Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015

Small PA mixer (with min 2 mic inputs, 3-band EQ, Fx for mics,...), both mic plugged into it, controller plugged into line inputs and then master out from PA mixer into speakers
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

I've thought about running my TKS4 MK2 out to an external mixer, then that mixer into my mic port
    Run the S4 to the mixer, mic's to the mixer and mixer to the PA - Assumming you have access to a mixer with enough inputs.

If you want go the route of Mic's to the Mixer and Mixer to the S4, you will be plugging Into a LINE port on the S4 - if you want to use the Mic input you'll need a DI box.

Small PA mixer (with min 2 mic inputs, 3-band EQ, Fx for mics,...), both mic plugged into it, controller plugged into line inputs and then master out from PA mixer into speakers
    Completely agree, If its something you'll be doing again, get a small mixer - for $60 all headaches solved e.g.

http://www.amazon.com/Behringer-802-...ehringer+mixer

NO, Just No.

That cord will work

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Quote Originally Posted by loverocket View Post
    That cord will work
    For a single Mic at any given time.

Tech Wizard

if you're going to do that more than one time, get a proper pa mixer and route your mics and your controller into it. you're going to get better gain control, eq and volume for every input you get + the ability to use inserts and external fx and recording if you want it. These days you can get a small pa mixer for next to nothing. I still keep a small alto amx-140fx just for that when i have to deal with more than one mic.

Of course $60 will get you a better solution.

But that $8 cord will work.