Issue DJM 900NXS2 with two X1's (four decks traktor)

Default Issue DJM 900NXS2 with two X1's (four decks traktor)

Hi guys,

After a few years using the S4, I've recently decided to upgrade my set to two X1's, the new DMJ900 NXS2 together with Maschine 2.

I've downloaded the pioneer driver for my MAC and installed it. But somehow I'm only able to use in the output routing of Traktor, the DMJ 900NXS2 out 4, 5, 6, and 7. So this means only 2 channels (three and four of the mixer) work. The other outs of the soundcard of Pioneer (1,2,3,8,9) don't work for some reason. In the installation wizard of Pioneer I set the mixer audio input on USB A. Also if I followed the installation of Maschine like Ean explained in an older video, it routes only too channel four of the mixer. So that means I lose one trackdeck again.

I've tried several setting (without hooking up Maschine) to see if I would be able to get traktor working properly first with four decks only with my X1's. I've spend all night without any success.

Does someone else have the same problem? Any idea why this (basic) setup doesn't work?

Tech Wizard

I am not a traktor guy but the 900nxs2 is not a certified traktor mixer so that may be part of the problem.

You checked the settings in the "nexus setting utility" app?
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Maybe this helps, I remembered I stumbled on it a while back:

https://forums.pioneerdj.com/hc/en-u...2-with-Traktor

Quote Originally Posted by myndgruv View Post
    I am not a traktor guy but the 900nxs2 is not a certified traktor mixer so that may be part of the problem.
    "certified" is only important if you're using DVS (for the 845763425673 time...... )

OP should include some more info, like screenshots of Traktor audio and output routing, Pioneer utility etc. Forget about Machine for now.
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

Thank you for your replies! And good news, issue solved!

Still no clue what the main problem was, but it works right now even with Maschine

I bought new usb cables, uninstalled the pioneer driver and downloaded it again and selected the following settings in Traktor, Maschine and Pioneer driver:

Traktor output routing
    Deck A) DJM 0 and 1
    Deck B) DJM 2 and 3
    Deck C) DJM 4 and 5
    Deck D) not connected

Traktor input routing
    All decks: not connected

Maschine Routing output (directly into pioneer)
    maschine out 1: channel 7:
    maschine out 2: channel 8:

Maschine Midi in
    Traktor virtual output: on

Maschine Midi out:
    DJM900 NXS2: on

Pioneer
    USB 1/2: post ch1 fader
    USB 2/3: post ch2 fader
    etc.

My world will never be the same

As Slay said, we'll need screen shots of your settings. Also, did you download the correct driver for your OS? If you're running El Capitan then it's different to all earlier OS drivers.

As for the setup and use, there's a NXS2 at one of my residencies and I take my pair of X1mk2 in there with no issues every gig, it works extremely well with Traktor.
    Main Gig Comp - MacBook Air 11" 1.3GHz i5, 4GB, 512GB, OS X 10.12.6
    Gig Gear - TSP 2.6.8 & 2.11.2, Kontrol X1mk2 (x2), D2 (x2), S5, Xone:92, Xone:PX5, CDJ-2000 (x2), DDJ-XP1 ... Rekordbox DJ 5 with a few packs ...
    Plenty of studio gear and not enough time ... and a few Nexo PA systems

Tech Guru

Can't help you with your problem, but you need to post a review of the NXS2 here!
    Bedroom DJ | Pioneer DJM-800 | Pioneer CDJ2000 and CDJ900-NXS | 2 x Mackie MR8MKII | Sennheiser Amperior

+1 - Definitely let us know your thoughts on this setup!

Only thing I'm curious about NXS2 is: have they finally enabled for the onboard FX to recieve bpm from Traktor (midi in)? Denon has had it for 7 f**** years and not ONE Pio mixers with internal interface can do that, that has always pissed me of when having a club gig
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2