once more jack audio
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default once more jack audio

i am trying to get jack audio to work, windows based maschine running win 10 and jack 64 bit , goal is routing traktor thru ableton, if spend a lot of time reading up and trying several settings but its driving me crazy...jack port audio is starting up using the portaudi driver, when i try to start jack control i get the message could not start jack, thats it, no idea what is wrong or why

tried this with al my interfaces including the default, cananybody shine some light on this ....
    Allen & Heath DB4, Xone K2, 2x Native instrument D2
    Soundcloud
    Mixcloud

Quote Originally Posted by ragverp View Post
    tried this with al my interfaces including the default, cananybody shine some light on this ....
    Yes.

Windows is shite.
    SC | MC

txhs helpfull...wilthrow out my brand new laptop and buy a mac ...
    Soundcloud
    Mixcloud

It could be 1 of a hundred reasons - you don't give very much info to go on.
    SC | MC

Tech Wizard

I messed around with Jack Audio for a long time on Windows 7 about two months ago and finally got it to work. Funny enough I don't use it because of the hassle it causes me for external mixing but overall I think we share the same concept of its potential. Anyway I'll share my struggle and give any pointers, feel free to give some more information as well.

I went through a few issues when setting it up.

-Traktor wouldn't accept all ports and crash when setting up ports
    Solution: Use HiFi virtual audio cable asio bridge

-Ableton would only route 2 outputs.
    Solution: Same
    -Wouldn't play because issue with sample rate changing.
    Tried installing focusrite beta drivers which didn't help and made my device worse.
    Solution: Stuck with 44khz
    -Couldn't change outputs in foobar (because of Jack)
    Solution: Uninstalled Jack (just another hassle)

One thing I do recall, is when you open the software via the shorcut, you can select sample and bit rate but when selecting your driver use parenthesis or else the spaces will mess everything up.

Give me a shout, I might set it back up again since I reconfigured my soundcard to the best it can be after those dodgy drivers. I don't really know much about windows 10 (I heard you can use multiple outputs though) but all I can tell you is that it really is a pain in the ass to setup.

This is the info i get when starting it up, in the message box it just say's sorry cant start jack control. It seems jack port audio is starting up because i can see it as an audio driver within ableton and traktor, but its the control part that's causing problems, funny thing i had it running but somewhere i made a change and it went dead on me. Tried to uninstall and do a complete reinstall to revert back to a previous state but that did not work.

Oh for the record: I run trator 64 bit on windows 10,I7 with 16 GB and use the DB4 as soundcard so i am mixing externally, i run a native audio 2dj soundcard with ableton that is connected to the db4's mic channel.

I never had any problems with traktor on win 10 and the db4 its all running great at 8.9 ms latency so no problems there, even running ableton and maschine next to it is flawless.

What i would like to do: send one of the traktor channels thru ableton and back to the db4 either via the native soundcard or direct to the db4 soundcard
    Last edited by ragverp; 05-18-2016 at 01:45 AM.
    Soundcloud
    Mixcloud

once again, very helpfull..thxs...
    Soundcloud
    Mixcloud

Tech Mentor

i know but it's the best way , everything work fine on it with all your daws easily
    A&H Xone2D & 1D+Djm800+BST PR 4,5 (x3)+ M-Jam + mac
    https://soundcloud.com/dj-wo-k
    https://www.facebook.com/dj.wo.k

everything but jack audio is working just fine, i am running maschine, Traktor and ableton 9.6.1 at the same time, where ableton and maschine are slaved to traktors midi clock everything in sync so no complaints so far...

and i am confident that the problem with jack audio is not because of windows and it will work somehow...and if not, also not a problem, i am just trying to figure out the way i would like to play...
    Soundcloud
    Mixcloud

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast