Rmx 1000 for Deep / Tech & Techno???
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default Rmx 1000 for Deep / Tech & Techno???

Hi all,

I was after everyone's opinion after struggling to make a decision on the need for an RMX1000. I play deep house, but mostly tech and techno. I have a pair of CDJ. 2k's and an Xone 92 on its way. I love smooth transitions and the sound of the Allen & Heath hence my choice of mixer. Previously I made use of rhe reverb and delay effects on my traktor s4 when recording my podcasts but am now wanting to move away from software.

My question, being an experienced bedroom DJ with aspirations of playing live inside 12 months is, do Dj's of this genre (with a Xone92) make use and recommend purchasing the pioneer rmx1000 to play effects on top of the filters on an Xone 92, or do you deem it unnecessary and make do with the filters.

I appreciate those with a DJM 900 have certain effects on the mixer so don't necessarily need the Rmx 1000 in these genre's but what about those wih the Xone 92 thr don't want to plug in traktor and use software.

I know I can make do without, but if anyone could state their thoughts on the need and use for an Rmx 1000 in when mixing these genre's that'd be much appreciated.

Tech Guru

I have an RMX-1000, and I only really use the noise and echo effects. The BPF Echo build up raises the volume level too much IMO. Spiral and reverb are okay but a little too powerful as well.

Isolator is really fun to play with too.
    Bedroom DJ | Pioneer DJM-800 | Pioneer CDJ2000 and CDJ900-NXS | 2 x Mackie MR8MKII | Sennheiser Amperior

Tech Convert

Thanks for the advice. Is there a way of editing of the reverb so it's not too powerful or is that not possible. It's the effect I used most on traktor so it'd be a shame if I couldn't use it in a subtle way on the Rmx-1000. Yes the isolator looks like great fun, definitely makes me want to chose it over the 500.

Tech Guru

I suppose you could just use only the first 1/3 of the knob. I think it may work better with more minimal tracks or if you combine it with the isolator to reduce the volume.

It's also possible I just don't know how to use reverb :P
    Bedroom DJ | Pioneer DJM-800 | Pioneer CDJ2000 and CDJ900-NXS | 2 x Mackie MR8MKII | Sennheiser Amperior

Have you considered any options besides the rmx? There's the Korg Kaoss Pad and mini KP, the EFX1000, or even a couple guitar pedals. There are so many club installations with RMX units that everyone uses them, and they all sound the same on top of a mix. Regardless of what genre it is, it's like a Beatmasher in a Traktor mix, it sticks out like a sore thumb.
    I'm looking for a delay unit myself, and the Kilobyte by Caroline Guitar Company looks pretty tempting! Think outside of the expensive cookie cutter box!

Tech Convert

Thanks for the insight. I think I'm set on getting one so I'll play through the settings when I get my hands on it

For me pioneer effects are way to aggressive to use in techno, i prefer subtle..that is why i use the DB4, traktor effects can be used but also moderate the use..
    Allen & Heath DB4, Xone K2, 2x Native instrument D2
    Soundcloud
    Mixcloud

Tech Convert

Yes the db4 is a good choice. My problem with that though is if I play out at small clubs and bars they'll have the Xone 92 or DJM 900 installed most likely so the db4 won't be any good to me then, except in cases where I take it with me but as one of a few people on the bill rather than playing the whole night that'll prove tricky and I'd rather avoid that. I also won't be overly familiar with the Xone 92 then.

At least wih purchasing the Xone 92 and Rmx 1000 I'll be familiar with the 92 from using it at home, as most places have it as standard where I live, then I can take the Rmx 1000 with me and just plug it in when I play live and have the same effects to hand I'll be used to.

Quote Originally Posted by ragverp View Post
    For me pioneer effects are way to aggressive to use in techno, i prefer subtle..that is why i use the DB4, traktor effects can be used but also moderate the use..
    I find the W/D needs to be below 50% for most Traktor effects so as to not take over the sound.
    A&H Xone:96 | Xone:K1 | 2 x 1210s | Traktor Pro 3 | Apple Macbook Pro (2015) 13" | Sennheiser HD7 DJ | Maschine Mikro Mk3
    read: http://djworx.com/author/dan-morse
    talk: http://facebook.com/bleeptechno
    listen: http://mixcloud.com/bleephudds

Tech Guru

Yup, that is exactly my experience. Pioneer stuff really needs parameter knobs on all their FX.

I use them on my RMX, but I have them far to the left on pretty much everything. I only really use the parametr knob when I am using a noise build and increasing osc. rate.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast