Anyone have issues with Native Instruments return process?
    Tech Wizard

Default Anyone have issues with Native Instruments return process?

So I just did an out of warranty return for my Traktor S4 because the play button on the right hand side works intermittently. Sometimes you have to push the play button really hard for it to respond. It never got wet and it was in a flight case the whole time.

Anyways I got me replacement today, it took about 10 days which I was pleased with considering I read some people had to wait 2 weeks or more. I get it and hook it up, guess what? It's defective.

The effects button 1 is extremely erratic. Now I'm going to be out of a controller once again. Do they test these controllers before they send them out? I thought it was strange the play button didn't have the same click when pushed in like my 1st one. I don't want another refurbished one because based off my experience they're quality control is lackluster. Does anyone have similar experience for what I'm going through?

We have no idea what you're talking about

http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthread.php?t=68550
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

Tech Wizard

Wow! Going through that many S4's is crazy. you would think with those issues they would run a quick test to make sure all the buttons are functional. Better yet why don't they just swap it out with a MK2 if there are so many issues with the S4?

Please note, that was a couple of years ago, there were no mk2 then. General perception is that NI did improve on the build quality in later models (have no idea about the RMA process), but I still maintain that they are not near the quality of other hardware manufacturers (still plastic knob stems, average faders etc.).
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

Tech Wizard

They want the serial number and the S4 they sent doesn't have a serial # on the bottom. WTF, this is so annoying I'm worried that they will not take my return now. Here is my video on what is wrong with it.

Tech Wizard

So while I'm waiting on my email for a return label. I need to use this controller for a couple of gigs. Deck A's fader moves up and down by itself without me moving the fader. It just is ridiculous that they sent some piece of shit they never even tested. Do they get bad controllers from people and re-box them to exchange it out? They are supposedly sending a brand new one.