Rekordbox with Serato Vinyl Confirmed (Updated Video Inside)
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Rekordbox with Serato Vinyl Confirmed (Updated Video Inside)

Enjoy
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Yup! There was a video of someone using one through a Z2 shortly after they added DVS support. Glad to hear it still works

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by padi_04 View Post
    Yup! There was a video of someone using one through a Z2 shortly after they added DVS support. Glad to hear it still works
    I thought it only worked with Pio mixers. Is there a workaround for using other sound cards?

No workarounds needed, just connect your mixer and as long as you have DVS enabled and a SeratoDJ DVS record (1kHz signal) it should work. I even managed to get it going on a VCI-400 just for kicks.

Quote Originally Posted by ImNoDJ View Post
    I thought it only worked with Pio mixers. Is there a workaround for using other sound cards?
    What Padi said.

We even got it to work with the microphone port of the laptop. ANY Soundcard will work as long as it has both in's and out's
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Quote Originally Posted by the_bastet View Post
    What Padi said.

We even got it to work with the microphone port of the laptop. ANY Soundcard will work as long as it has both in's and out's
    What do you think, will that be permanent or is it just to rally more users in the first stage?
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

3 updates since beta. It's looking like it will be permanent.

Pioneer will have to come out with an interface before they tried going full proprietary, and I just don't see that happening anytime soon.

If they're smart they won't make this proprietary. Now that it's been seen it will be hacked in five minutes anyway. But on top of it this is a good chance for them to offer something that Serato and Traktor don't have - the ability to use any sound card. I think it would be a good switching point for some; otherwise there is very little incentive for longtime Serato/Traktor users to switch. What does recordbox really offer otherwise?

Any word if Traktor timecode will also work?

The other killer app they should include is VST support for effects routing. Add that and I will switch in a minute - $99 for recordbox DVS with those two features is a no brainer for mer.
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan

Quote Originally Posted by djproben View Post
    Don't think so since it's a 2k tone. You can use Ableton or any tone generator to get a sine tone going to the line input on your mixer and test it that way. That's how i got the VCI going.

Quote Originally Posted by djproben View Post
    If they're smart they won't make this proprietary. Now that it's been seen it will be hacked in five minutes anyway. But on top of it this is a good chance for them to offer something that Serato and Traktor don't have - the ability to use any sound card. I think it would be a good switching point for some; otherwise there is very little incentive for longtime Serato/Traktor users to switch. What does recordbox really offer otherwise?

The other killer app they should include is VST support for effects routing. Add that and I will switch in a minute - $99 for recordbox DVS with those two features is a no brainer for mer.
    Traktor Timecode doesn't work unless you are using sync.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast