Track prep time: Traktor vs Rekordbox
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Track prep time: Traktor vs Rekordbox

Those of you who have used both Traktor and Rekordbox for a long time: does it take longer to prepare your tracks in one or the other? Nah?

I've been a super satisfied Traktor user for almost eight years but I'm looking into Rekordbox so that I can stop bringing expensive equipment and laptops to parties and clubs. The convenience of track prep is probably my number one consideration at this point in my life. If Rekordbox has an edge here I'll migrate immediately.

Tech Mentor

Both programs are very easy if you have a custom kepmapping that can speed up the process (jump bars, set cues, active loops, etc)

Rekordbox is VERY easy to analyze tracks. I think that the waveform is more clear than that of Traktor. It also has the ability to open your playlists into a grid view for easy managing of all your music.

I recommend whenever you download new music to IMMEDIATELY analyze in both softwares, keeping your library consistent.

Tech Wizard

Theres no 'convert traktor grid to rekordbox' thing out there then?

Maybe there is, I haven't looked into it but I'm more concerned about the day to day track prep than I am about converting my library. I'm happy with Rekordbox analyzing tempo and stripes overnight and starting my library over because it's well tagged and organized with iTunes smart playlists.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by csurfleet View Post
    Theres no 'convert traktor grid to rekordbox' thing out there then?
    I know this software called Rekordbuddy is working on a Serato to Rekordbox option right now, but currently it only exists for Traktor. However, I find the system very difficult to use and it's a burden... it's much easier to constantly be analyzing your new tunes in your library as you add them.

Thanks to my custom midi maps, it is the same exact process for both.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Quote Originally Posted by the_bastet View Post
    Thanks to my custom midi maps, it is the same exact process for both.
    Thank you for your insight, I'll keep in mind that someone on the DJTT boards has custom mappings.

Tech Wizard

Less bothered about doubling up on new prep, but going back over 3000 tunes and regridding and recue-pointing them would take DAYS.

day by day this board gets more and more informative

I removed my question to start a new thread -
    Last edited by Kama; 07-08-2016 at 06:11 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast