Dnx600 and sc3900 setup - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SlayForMoney View Post
    Denon has released 64-bit ASIO drivers almost a year ago. You probably don't have that latest driver installed.

For the FX button triggering a loop go into Controller editor and select whatever midi mapping you have imported there and change In/Out ports from "All" to just that device.

or

Change the midi channel of the mixer (how-to is in the user manual).
    ^ This.

Forgot all about this, feel silly now.
    Live rig: Denon Prime (5000M's)
    Retired: Denon x1700, Denon SC3900's, Traktor, Technics SL1200's, my vinyl
    Wish list: Some Roland Aira stuff.

Tech Convert

Denon has released 64-bit ASIO drivers almost a year ago. You probably don't have that latest driver installed.

For the FX button triggering a loop go into Controller editor and select whatever midi mapping you have imported there and change In/Out ports from "All" to just that device.

or

Change the midi channel of the mixer (how-to is in the user manual).
    I activated the 32 bit 2.10 and installed my hardware it worked fine for about an hour or so but when I restarted my computer all the problems reappeared, but when I activated a copy of 2.67 the setup was perfect so would you say that 32 bit devices are non functional on recent Traktor versions?

Quote Originally Posted by Stazbumpa View Post
    ^ This.

Forgot all about this, feel silly now.
    EVERY X600 owner who uses Traktor had this problem, probably because the FX on/off button triggers the same midi note as some of Traktors native midi mapping commands (if I had to guess it's probably the native X1600 mapping that is included in Traktor). I think I changed the midi channel of the mixer from 1 to 15, I was lazy.

Curtis, I would say you need to install 64-bit ASIO drivers for the mixer (and I'm not sure what you mean by "all problems", I gave you a proved solutions for the midi conflict issue). Go on denon's web, look under Legacy devices, either X600 or X1600 page. While you're at it, make sure you have updated firmware on the unit (there was only one update, to 1030 ver but still).
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

What was the reason for X600 not working with Traktor on Mac?

Tech Convert

I think I'm gonna stay with the 32bit 2.67 setup for now and see how things go (I guess if it ain't broke don't fix it) BUT THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP!!

Quote Originally Posted by curtis a smith View Post
    but when I activated a copy of 2.67 the setup was perfect so would you say that 32 bit devices are non functional on recent Traktor versions?
    I think it was v2.8 onwards when Traktor went 64bit, so if you're using that you want the 64bit Denon drivers, otherwise it's the 32bit ones.

EVERY X600 owner who uses Traktor had this problem, probably because the FX on/off button triggers the same midi note as some of Traktors native midi mapping commands (if I had to guess it's probably the native X1600 mapping that is included in Traktor). I think I changed the midi channel of the mixer from 1 to 15, I was lazy.
    I didn't actually ever have that problem. As far as Traktor cared my mixer was a x1600 but Traktor's interest started and finished with it as a sound interface. The trauma that is digital DJ'ing, eh?

Edit:

(I guess if it ain't broke don't fix it)
    This is the mantra of a successful DJ
    Last edited by Stazbumpa; 06-09-2016 at 09:24 AM.
    Live rig: Denon Prime (5000M's)
    Retired: Denon x1700, Denon SC3900's, Traktor, Technics SL1200's, my vinyl
    Wish list: Some Roland Aira stuff.

I think I'm gonna stay with the 32bit 2.67 setup for now and see how things go (I guess if it ain't broke don't fix it) BUT THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP!!
    No problem, enjoy this highly underrated mixer

Quote Originally Posted by Stazbumpa View Post
    I didn't actually ever have that problem. As far as Traktor cared my mixer was a x1600 but Traktor's interest started and finished with it as a sound interface. The trauma that is digital DJ'ing, eh?
    It is a steep learning curve, that's for sure
    And it's not helping the new users the fact that the "unoffical" Denon forum has ceased to exist over a month ago with no chances of Denon starting a official one.

Tech Convert

I've had the sc3900's for years, also very underrated, but now that I could finally pair them up with the dnx600 this is gonna be great

Tech Convert

So after repeated and failed attempts to run this system (Traktor would crash when I access denon Asio driver) I went to incorporate my audio 6 and everything is fine. It seems as if Traktor is blocking 3rd party audio interfaces from working.....

So after repeated and failed attempts to run this system (Traktor would crash when I access denon Asio driver) I went to incorporate my audio 6 and everything is fine. It seems as if Traktor is blocking 3rd party audio interfaces from working.....
    Last thing you told us was that it's working fine in 32-bit Traktor 2.6.7. Now you tell us Traktor crashes every time you select denon asio driver. Make up your mind.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast