Dnx600 and sc3900 setup
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default Dnx600 and sc3900 setup

Hello all can someone please help me setup with TSP2 I have the following problems

1. When I use the asio4all driver it gives me the input and outputs but the play/pause button is not operational
    2. When I use the Denon Asio driver I get no in and output options just the speaker and mic and the play/pause is still not operational

Are you trying to use the x600 as a sound card, and if so what version of Traktor are you running? I have the same set up.

Edit: Also, are you Mac or PC?
    Last edited by Stazbumpa; 06-08-2016 at 02:52 AM.
    Live rig: Denon Prime (5000M's)
    Retired: Denon x1700, Denon SC3900's, Traktor, Technics SL1200's, my vinyl
    Wish list: Some Roland Aira stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Stazbumpa View Post
    Edit: Also, are you Mac or PC?
    This.

It's not possible to use the X600 for DVS with Traktor (TSP) if you use a mac. If you use windows OS, just select Denon ASIO driver and Traktor will think you have a X1600 so the DVS will work. If you want to use DVS under Mac OS there is always that not-so-legal way of making non-certified interfaces work with TSP....#wink wink#

But even if you are on Mac, you should be able to select input/output options in Traktor preferences so... that shows something is wrong.
    - have you selected Win/Mac on the mixer itself (if you don't know how -> user manual!)
    - have you selected 44.1khz sample rate on the mixer (if you don't know how -> user manual!) AND in Traktor under Preferences-Audio
    - is the mixer properly detected in Denon ASIO driver?
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by SlayForMoney View Post
    This.

It's not possible to use the X600 for DVS with Traktor (TSP) if you use a mac. If you use windows OS, just select Denon ASIO driver and Traktor will think you have a X1600 so the DVS will work. If you want to use DVS under Mac OS there is always that not-so-legal way of making non-certified interfaces work with TSP....#wink wink#

But even if you are on Mac, you should be able to select input/output options in Traktor preferences so... that shows something is wrong.
    - have you selected Win/Mac on the mixer itself (if you don't know how -> user manual!)
    - have you selected 44.1khz sample rate on the mixer (if you don't know how -> user manual!) AND in Traktor under Preferences-Audio
    - is the mixer properly detected in Denon ASIO driver?
    Thanks
    I am on a PC
    I have selected PC on the mixer
    I have selected 44.1khz in the mixer and Traktor
    I have selected the supplied Denon ASIO driver
    I still cannot select the inputs and ouputs in Traktor

Have you selected external as opposed to internal mix mode?
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by SirReal View Post
    Have you selected external as opposed to internal mix mode?

I have selected external but I am starting to believe it's the 64 bit version vs the 32 bit, I'm gonna try running Traktor in 32bit when I get of work tonight and I will keep you updated

I would definitely try 32bit version. I could get this working on 2.6.8 but I have never updated beyond this so I don't know if NI patched it out. The option to select the x600 will either show in Preferences>Audio Device as Denon x600 or Denon DJ Asio Driver and then you just set your input and output channels.

A note worth mentioning: I used this method but it was not without issues. I would sometimes get artefacts, like interference, in the timecode box and every so often it would flip out and send my pitch control crazy. For reliability I have stuck to using my Audio 8 sound card and I've never had any issues with the 3900's in hybrid midi mode.
    I think there's a registry hack out there which may or may not completely fix that problem but since I play every weekend I'm not up for trying something when I only ever have 4 days maximum to fix it between gigs if it goes tits up.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Stazbumpa View Post
    I would definitely try 32bit version. I could get this working on 2.6.8 but I have never updated beyond this so I don't know if NI patched it out. The option to select the x600 will either show in Preferences>Audio Device as Denon x600 or Denon DJ Asio Driver and then you just set your input and output channels.

A note worth mentioning: I used this method but it was not without issues. I would sometimes get artefacts, like interference, in the timecode box and every so often it would flip out and send my pitch control crazy. For reliability I have stuck to using my Audio 8 sound card and I've never had any issues with the 3900's in hybrid midi mode.
    I think there's a registry hack out there which may or may not completely fix that problem but since I play every weekend I'm not up for trying something when I only ever have 4 days maximum to fix it between gigs if it goes tits up.
    Ok, thanks for all the help, I installed 32bit Traktor and after the 2nd startup the inputs and outputs showed up and I was able to setup with no problems, however one minor problem the on/off effect button on the mixer triggers the loop on Traktor

Quote Originally Posted by curtis a smith View Post
    Ok, thanks for all the help, I installed 32bit Traktor and after the 2nd startup the inputs and outputs showed up and I was able to setup with no problems, however one minor problem the on/off effect button on the mixer triggers the loop on Traktor
    That shouldn't happen unless you've tried putting a .tsi mapping into Traktor for the x600. I take it you got the sc3900's mapped and running in hybrid midi?

Quote Originally Posted by curtis a smith View Post
    Denon has released 64-bit ASIO drivers almost a year ago. You probably don't have that latest driver installed.

For the FX button triggering a loop go into Controller editor and select whatever midi mapping you have imported there and change In/Out ports from "All" to just that device.

or

Change the midi channel of the mixer (how-to is in the user manual).
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast