I punched a power tripping bouncer in the face, anyone else have issues with them?
Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Default I punched a power tripping bouncer in the face, anyone else have issues with them?

I absolutely hate Webster Hall, it's too bad it's a good concert venue and they get good acts.

So a month and a half ago i show up for a concert I have tickets to (Fever Ray), and this bouncer was giving me a hard time telling me I wouldn't get in because I "looked a little drunk." This was all while wasted girls tripping on themselves were being let right in. So I know a few big people here and asked for them to come out and resolve this mess and no one would get them. they decided to screw with me for some reason and didn't let me into a concert I had paid for. He literally took my ticket and ripped it up. I was pissed and left.

I come back for another more club related event a couple weeks later and he tried to hold me out (I was sober, he had no excuse) and I caught one of the promoters by the door and he got me in and gave this asshole a lot of shit.

Now on Tuesday I went back for a Royksopp concert I had tickets to with my girlfriend and sure enough he was there, refused to let me in while I was with my girlfriend on her birthday and said none of my friends are around to help me and there is no way he is letting me in. I was so pissed off at this point I punched him straight in the face. I'm just a small white guy and I just punched a six foot black bouncer in the face. I knew I would only get one shot and at least it was good before I had two bigger guys on top of me pinning me down.

Needless to say I'm not going back there for a while until they change there bouncer staff or it's a really good event. Has anyone had situations like this? I'm out over $100 in tickets because of some bouncer with a big ego who just decided to pick on me one day. I can't take it up with the venue because well I punched a bouncer in the face and all of the others will deny that he wouldn't let me in to an event I paid for for no reason. Can ticketmaster do anything?

Anyone else have anything like that happen?

Tech Mentor

in my experience, getting confrontational with bouncers only makes them want to refuse you more. You should try calmly reasoning with him instead of getting the big people out and making a scene. That usually works better. That being said...i'd be damn pissed too..though i probably wouldn't punch a six foot huge guy in the face...i'd get my ass beat

it's not very djtt this thread.....

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    So I know a few big people here and asked for them to come out and resolve this mess and no one would get them.

i don't think this was a good idea man... you got black-listed because you threatened the bouncer with your crew. he didn't let you in because you were visibly drunk and there's a big difference between guys who've had too much to drink and girls who've had too much to drink. typically guys who are too drunk end up ruining things for everybody else, it's his job to keep the peace and he had to make a judgement call. at that point i would've gone home and contacted the promoter the next day after I sobered up, instead of calling up my goons to settle the score with the bouncer...

there's a time and place to be tough, you just chose the wrong time. i'd be mad too, but live and learn pal.

Fever Ray AND Royksopp? Scandinavian love <3

With that said, I've been denied entry to a club after ONE beer even though the people I came with knew the owner and he let all of them in for free. I was fucking irritated so I know where you're coming from. I either love you for punching that douche, or you were acting up... well I wasn't there
    I used to link music in my signature but nowadays I don't.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by janzak View Post

With that said, I've been denied entry to a club after ONE beer

that's ridiculous... i don't know how it is over in sweden but in canada it's pretty much the norm for clubgoers to pre-drink at home or at pubs a bit before heading to the main destination. strange.

Quote Originally Posted by duerr View Post
    that's ridiculous... i don't know how it is over in sweden but in canada it's pretty much the norm for clubgoers to pre-drink at home or at pubs a bit before heading to the main destination. strange.
    Yeah I've gotten into bigger clubs drunk off my ass without paying, this bouncer had just decided I wasn't gonna come in. He actually told me after a minute, "okay, you're not drunk, I'd let you in put I made my decision and I have to stick to it"

I don't argue with bouncers, nothing good will ever come out of it, but I silently despise people who power trip on shit jobs like that
    I used to link music in my signature but nowadays I don't.

Quote Originally Posted by duerr View Post
    I second this hahaha.
    macbook/2 Stanton STR.150 /Axiom 25/AKAI MPD 25/Vestax vci-100/Serato sl3/Ableton live 8 suite/ krk monitor/Ecler Nuo 2.0/Akai mpd24/midiFighter /Audio 4/2 Pioneer cdj 800mk2/

Tech Wizard

I have never had a problem with any bouncer in toronto and I have been at the door piss drunk many times lol. I haven't even been kicked out of the club and I passed out and threw up in a booth of one of our higher class up scale clubs (http://www.trysttoronto.com/go.html) lmao. I guess im just lucky.
    Electro House

[Podcast] Adrian P : Bangin' On Ya System

Subscribe!

Anaheim Hills, CA, Lake Havasu, Az, & Las Vegas, Nv

*this is not a shot for last night, just good fun*

Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    I'm just a small white guy
    & you can't get into the club..

hmm haha think iv seen you around...

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast