All (well some) of the gear, no idea...setup help wanted

Default All (well some) of the gear, no idea...setup help wanted

Love the forum and finally want to get going now on pulling all my bits and bobs of equipment together. I'd welcome some help from the people on here and all advice is welcome.

Here is what I have so far:

Beatpad 2
    Ipad
    Spotify Premium
    Decent Headphones
    Midifighter
    Ableton Live 9

I played a family house party by grabbing the amp and speakers from my seperates hifi which worked but wasn't exactly easy to setup or put back together.

I was thinking of just getting a speaker like a Marshall Stanmore Speaker to do the job for in house practice?

Is that the best option for the next step do you think?

for practicing in the house, use some near field monitors, they will sound great to the direct near front , but wont be super loud to everyone in other rooms...for doing shows tho you want some powered PA speakers .
    Traktor/Ableton /Komplete /MBP OSX el capitan

http://www.soundcloud.com/deejaesnafu

Tech Guru

I would buy one PA speaker and use it in mono, for practicing and for little parties.

It would be great to have speakers for practicing, speakers for little parties and speakers for huge parties, but you simply won't buy all this shit lol

When I bought my first mixer and cdjs I bought a single PA speaker. The mixer was sold, like the cdjs, but the speaker is here and still use it for practicing and parties, so it was a good choice i guess.

PS: Buy an active PA speaker.
    13" Macbook Air i7, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD | Traktor 2.7.1 | Ableton Live 9 | DJM-900 Nexus | NI Audio 10 | A&H Xone:K2 | Oyaide USB & RCA | HDJ-2000 | Odyssey BRLDIGITAL Bag

Thanks for taking the time to post.

So a powered PA speaker, maybe something small to start off with, is something like this what I am looking for?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00WX62DPE?psc=1

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by projext View Post
    Thanks for taking the time to post.

So a powered PA speaker, maybe something small to start off with, is something like this what I am looking for?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00WX62DPE?psc=1
    I'm not a sound system expert, so I can't talk about the quality of this.

What you need is definately a powered PA speaker, and you should talk to people on stores and with friends that might know something about the speaker market.

Mine is a Mackie, it's great, I didn't have a problem with it and it works like the day I bought it.

Volume is important, so try to imagine the size of the parties you are expecting to create, so you can buy something that will not be above or below your needs.
    13" Macbook Air i7, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD | Traktor 2.7.1 | Ableton Live 9 | DJM-900 Nexus | NI Audio 10 | A&H Xone:K2 | Oyaide USB & RCA | HDJ-2000 | Odyssey BRLDIGITAL Bag

I played a family house party by grabbing the amp and speakers from my seperates hifi which worked but wasn't exactly easy to setup or put back together.
    Keep this set up. Spend your money on more fun stuff.

Did it sound good? I suspect yes.

You could get some stacking RCA's, or RCA splitters, so that you don't need to connect/disconnect every time you want to mix.

$_57.JPG $_57.JPG

There is usually a "creative cabling" fix for most problems... And they cost next to nothing on ebay.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj