what if..... - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: what if.....

can anyone identify the audio interface Richie is using in this setup ?

https://www.facebook.com/PlayGroundM...70/?fallback=1

looks like he is running traktor and ableton on the same computer audio interface connected with the dsub ports to the model 1 mixer...

edit: found it ...Antelope Audio Orion 32+ 32x32 Audio Interface: nice price tag also ..pfff
    Last edited by ragverp; 06-15-2016 at 04:50 PM.
    Allen & Heath DB4, Xone K2, 2x Native instrument D2
    Soundcloud
    Mixcloud

Tech Guru

This is his setup from last year:

"At the center of his setup is Native Instruments’ Traktor, which Hawtin controls with NI’s X1s and the new D2s. He uses these to trigger songs and loops which become the foundation of his set. From there, he’s got Ableton running in the background hooked up to a Push controller. He’s got his own custom drum rack loaded up in Ableton which he can then launch and loop samples from via the Push. This allows him to create new drum sequences atop whatever tracks are playing inside Traktor. Most notably of all, he intentionally does not sync the two programs, and instead opts to align the drum sequences from Ableton himself so as to add desired swing or move them perfectly in time.

On top of all this, he’s even got a foot pedal for FX and a Roland TR-8 — not to mention his favorite Xone:92 mixer. The cumulative effect of this extensive live setup is the flexibility for Hawtin to do whatever he desires at any moment, whether it be constructing a track on the fly, or layering three records together to create an entirely new composition."

here he is using traktor controlled by 2 xone k2, model 1 mixer with antelope audio Orion 32 interface and push...all running on 1 laptop...
    Soundcloud
    Mixcloud

here he is using traktor controlled by 2 xone k2, model 1 mixer with antelope audio Orion 32 interface and push...all running on 1 laptop...

its seems its possible to connect the audio interface to the laptop either thru thunderbolt or usb and make use of the aux sends and return via the dsub cables...so that is good...just have to look for a cheaper inteface with enough channels out and in and dsub connections...
    Soundcloud
    Mixcloud

Good luck trying to find a cheaper alternative to that interface. I'm not sure there's going to be many options but if you do find something please let me know.

Under OSX can two pieces of software still use the same interface at the same time? Or do you think he is still using something like soundflower to get ableton & traktor to share the same interface?

I do run OSX but have never tried running two apps together like this. If I can get the cash together for a xone 92 I have been thinking about adding a maschine to my set up and would need some way of routing the audio (was planning to buy another interface)
    MBP 13 2012 | 2x NI Kontrol X1 Mk2 | NI Kontrol F1 | NI Audio 2 | Behringer CMD MM-1 | Sennheiser HD25 Mk2

Quote Originally Posted by r08zy View Post
    Good luck trying to find a cheaper alternative to that interface. I'm not sure there's going to be many options but if you do find something please let me know.

Under OSX can two pieces of software still use the same interface at the same time? Or do you think he is still using something like soundflower to get ableton & traktor to share the same interface?

I do run OSX but have never tried running two apps together like this. If I can get the cash together for a xone 92 I have been thinking about adding a maschine to my set up and would need some way of routing the audio (was planning to buy another interface)

Well the problem is not to find a cheaper interface, only thing is finding 1 with the dsub(tascam25) connection ,
    Motu has the ao serie but you will need to buy 1 for the inputs and 1 for outputs , they all need to be analogue. setting you back for 2300 euro...but using a cheaper 1(you only need 2 or 4 ins ) for the in is always possible. the dsub is not mandatory,you can use jacks or whatever to connect, for the xone 92 its even useless...only the model 1 can benefit from the dsub..so it will be a heavy investment going down that road...2500 UK pounds before taxes for the model 1 and 2200 euro for a interface ....putting you well behind the 5000 euro mark. well i hope to get a closer look and maybe even some playtime on the model 1 sometimes soon..

I dont know if this is possible under osx, i am on a windows based maschine and run traktor, maschine and ableton on the db4 soundcard at the same time ...no problems what soever
    Soundcloud
    Mixcloud

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12