Your Livestreaming Needs

Default Your Livestreaming Needs

I know we've talked about livestreaming our sets in these forums, so with all the experience I've had in DJing and livestreaming, I thought it'd be cool to start a blog and talk about how to accomplish this task in a series of what is to be many blog posts.

http://sinthesisml.blogspot.com

Good post, with periscope and FBLive do you have to use your phone? I've noticed at least one online station who seems to be broadcasting a multicam feed onto FBLive. I've looked into doing this in the past with OBS but couldn't figure out a way to switch between the different webcams. I have done it in the past with a free trial of vidblaster on windows but couldn't find a mac solution.
    MBP 13 2012 | 2x NI Kontrol X1 Mk2 | NI Kontrol F1 | NI Audio 2 | Behringer CMD MM-1 | Sennheiser HD25 Mk2

Quote Originally Posted by r08zy View Post
    Good post, with periscope and FBLive do you have to use your phone? I've noticed at least one online station who seems to be broadcasting a multicam feed onto FBLive. I've looked into doing this in the past with OBS but couldn't figure out a way to switch between the different webcams. I have done it in the past with a free trial of vidblaster on windows but couldn't find a mac solution.
    periscope is phone only and FBlive is either. i use multicams over OBS. its a great piece of software for broadcasting!

I'll def check this out I've wanted to get into live streaming for a while now

https://getmevo.com/

Not pushing the product or anything, but came across this. I don't see any audio options other than the mic on the front which im dubious about. Im hoping they have something like the app in standalone for the iphone to create some better shots etc.

I've been using the setup shown using facebook live in the recent DJTT article and its been a lot of fun. If i create an events page, people can log in amd watch it happening and share it out quite rapidly.

Need a bigger tripod or something to get better angles of the crowds though.

Quote Originally Posted by DubluW View Post
    https://getmevo.com/

Not pushing the product or anything, but came across this. I don't see any audio options other than the mic on the front which im dubious about. Im hoping they have something like the app in standalone for the iphone to create some better shots etc.

I've been using the setup shown using facebook live in the recent DJTT article and its been a lot of fun. If i create an events page, people can log in amd watch it happening and share it out quite rapidly.

Need a bigger tripod or something to get better angles of the crowds though.
    ive played with this unit before in prototype world. its best when used in an RTMP feed. That way you can get external audio from other sources.
    Last edited by sinthesisml; 06-23-2016 at 11:50 AM. Reason: mispoken

Quote Originally Posted by sinthesisml View Post
    ive played with this unit before in prototype world. its best when used in an RTMP feed. That way you can get external audio from other sources.
    Oh right. How did you find it? I've read on the site you can route the audio through the iphone and app. I've also read it has a magnetic base to attach to surfaces.

Tech Mentor

Facebook Live really needs to come out with a desktop version that can have audio be streamed via Direct In!
    Jackal Jyve // New York City // @JackalJyve // www.JackalJyve.com

Quote Originally Posted by DubluW View Post
    Oh right. How did you find it? I've read on the site you can route the audio through the iphone and app. I've also read it has a magnetic base to attach to surfaces.
    through a friend. super super proto so not really representative of what the final product will be.

Quote Originally Posted by JackalJyve View Post
    Facebook Live really needs to come out with a desktop version that can have audio be streamed via Direct In!
    its already done and works beautifully. please read my blog when I first posted this thread for the link.