pioneer djm-909 with 2x-x1mk2 2xf1 setup
    Tech Convert

Default pioneer djm-909 with 2x-x1mk2 2xf1 setup

hello there could anyone help please i want to link a pioneer djm-909 with 2x-x1mk2 2xf1,i have a audio 8 sound card and have been told this will be possible,what would be the best way to link all of these i.e what leads ins&outs etc,once this is done and i set to external mixer will i have control of mixer&controllers many thanks if anyone has a few mins much appreciated j-lee

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Dude, you should start by downloading all necessary drivers for audio card and controllers. First install all drivers and then plug your controllers one by one and wait for OS to recognize them.

As for audio connections between your audio card and mixer please check the user manual of your A8. It should have a diagram somewhere in it. Also check Youtube (there are ton of tutorials)

Far as controllers go, Traktor will automatically load all the mappings for you so you don't have to think about it

You should be able to find a setup guide for the audio 8 online somewhere, that's most complicated part to setup. The rest is just usb and is pretty straightforward.

Can I ask though, it sounds like you're going for a 4 deck set up with the 909 which is only two channel.
    MBP 13 2012 | 2x NI Kontrol X1 Mk2 | NI Kontrol F1 | NI Audio 2 | Behringer CMD MM-1 | Sennheiser HD25 Mk2

Tech Convert

excellent m8 thanks for your time i have the driver for soundcard installed,I'm using traktor skratch pro so was hoping that units would be picked up by the software,its just i got the f1's second hand and when reading up it said you need a driver for these,just didn't no if this was a separate driver to the traktor software which needs installing for extra benefits etc. cool m8 will get decent usb hub plug everything up and give it a jam cheers j-lee

Tech Convert

thanks for the reply m8,well i have the 909 that has not been used for a few years and wanted to use this through traktor for scratching reasons,i thought that i could use the x1-mk2's for traktor control and the f1's for the remix decks,its mainly for the fader that i want to link this mixer to traktor,i don't mind just using the 2 decks linking 1x x1mk2 and 1x f1 to each deck would this be possible to map this way thanks m8 all the best j

Tech Convert

thanks m8 yeah if i just use the audio leads that came with sound card connect to turntables to sound card usb to computer use a multiport usb for controllers this should give me control of traktor with the djm909 do you think this sounds right many thanks j
    Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    Dude, you should start by downloading all necessary drivers for audio card and controllers. First install all drivers and then plug your controllers one by one and wait for OS to recognize them.

As for audio connections between your audio card and mixer please check the user manual of your A8. It should have a diagram somewhere in it. Also check Youtube (there are ton of tutorials)

Far as controllers go, Traktor will automatically load all the mappings for you so you don't have to think about it