Need Flight Case Advice

Default Need Flight Case Advice

I'm moving into a new house and want to have a set up that is not set up. If that makes sense.

I guess I want my turntables and mixer available for use without being out all the time. I think flight cases would be best for this purpose. I currently have a coffin that fit 2 tables and a 19" mixer. It takes 2 people to move.

I ordered a turntable case from the Krom series from Odyssey through Amazon. It came scratched and with some imperfections. The reviews aren't that great but they are beautiful.

I'm looking at the flight zone or flight ready cases but I'm not sure of the difference. I also like the black label case, because they are all black and look slick but I'm not sure if I should spend the extra money for eye candy.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Hey mate, we use odyssey cases and they are bloody awesome, i have the FZGS12MIX for my mixer and love it. Not much difference in the Flight Ready & Flight Zone Series i think except the flight zone series have coloured cases.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Wizard

I have a black label case for my DDJ SX2 and I love it. I find it super helpful having the extra level for my laptop, its such a prime spot to just look up and see the serato software. If you have the extra desk space and want to leave your laptop off to the side then there really isn't much need for the black label case.

Tech Guru

Based on a first read I think you want "furniture" not "flight cases." An armoire with close-able doors might be a good option.
    Denon X1600, NI X1 Mk1 & Mk2, MF Twister
    Kontrol S2, Maschine Mk1, APC 40
    Retired: VCI-100 Arcade (Signed #198/300))
    BFM 10x DR200 & 10x Titan 39

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by soundinmotiondj View Post
    Based on a first read I think you want "furniture" not "flight cases." An armoire with close-able doors might be a good option.
    I was going to say something similar. Flight cases are a big investment, if you're not actually intending to take them somewhere!
    Cheers

IAN WILLIAMS

Regarding the ODY Black Label cases: I don't think the Flight Zone counterpart to my XDJ R1 Black Label case has removable branding badges that expose holes for routing cables through. I could be wrong but I don't think I noticed that on the Flight Zones.

It's worth double checking because I think some of the Black Label cases have some extras besides the black anodized hardware.

Quote Originally Posted by soundinmotiondj View Post
    I'm looking for something that I can store my equipment in that allows me to use them when I'm in the mood or have time. I have a three and five year old that I don't want them messing with it.

I would like the ability to just store them under the desk until they are used.