Is a VCI-400 to Ean Golden Edition Upgrade Possible?

Default Is a VCI-400 to Ean Golden Edition Upgrade Possible?

New to DJing, new to DJTT, but have been making music (and electronic production) between ten to twenty years now.

Title says it all.

I have the original VCI-400. Love it. It's a beast.
    However, I want to know what's the real difference with the firmware in the EG edition, and if there is a way I can upgrade the firmware on mine if it's worth it.

I also have a few other controllers, including a Code 61. I have been messing with the idea of having a freeze-point setup on the pad section, or maybe use it to control the

Thanks guys!
    Alan Wayside

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Sadly there is no way to upgrade it at home and we stopped offering the service shortly after Vestax went under and the 400/400SE were discontinued. You'll be better off finding a second hand SE.

Quote Originally Posted by padi_04 View Post
    Sadly there is no way to upgrade it at home and we stopped offering the service shortly after Vestax went under and the 400/400SE were discontinued. You'll be better off finding a second hand SE.
    Okay, then. I appreciate the help.

What all does the different firmware in the EG edition do, anyway? Is it worth it for me to try to see if I can find one?

Thanks,
    Alan

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

It sends extra messages on a few controls that allow to squeeze more juice out of Traktor. We basically reworked the pad section and added jog effects.

We made these extras available for mappings on the S4 MK1 and MK2 and since the later is still in production an you'll get a full warranty i'd say it will be your best path.

Tech Student

I have the hardware for the update. Costs 5 €
    When will the firmware made public?
    Please

Greetings from Germany