where are the gurus? :)

Default where are the gurus? :)

Hey guys i recently save some money to buy a semi-proffesional equipment, i have been playing with a all in one controller and i want to change it to an audio interface+xone k2 to play externally (in a 4 channel mixer) but i have a doubt about it... i was thinking in buy a pair of one k2 cuz it have an internal soundcard with two output so i could combine the pair of k2 to get a 4 output then plug it to a 4 channel mixer and play externally but some people say sound cards of k2 aren't good enough to plug it to a mixer... so i was thinking in buy only a k2 and audio interface with 4 stereo outputs, without tome code set up (im not interested in play with vinyls)..

What do you think is better? a pair of k2 or one k2 and an audio interface? wich audio interface do you recommend to me?

PDS: have you seen this audio interface TASCAM US-4x4 USB Audio Interface? i like it but im not 100% sure that i can use it for 4 channel mixing (externally)

Zomo MC-1000 and a 4 channel mixer.

Tell him, Kwal.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

The volume output of the K2's sound card is unfortunately pretty quiet, so you have to turn up the gain on your mixer, maybe that causes the noise people are talking about? A reason to still go for the K2 is the included bag/stand, which doesn't come with the K1.

If you don't have a mixer yet I would go for one with a built-in sound card, otherwise just get an external sound card.

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post

Tell him, Kwal.
    i don't like Zomo mc-1000 :/

Also, depending on what software and operating system you are planning to use, using two soundcards in parallel (i.e. the two K2's internal interfaces) could be a problem. I do have sucessfully used two CDJ2000 with Traktor in the past, which effectively means I was using two ASIO devices in parallel.

Not sure however, if this works in all setups and if this parallelism is a feature of the pioneer ASIO drivers, or if Traktor acutally is talking to two audio interfaces in parallel.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin leaves
    I don't like Zomo mc-1000 :/
    I should take a second look, mate. It is IDEAL for what you want...

Check out this review:

http://www.digitaldjtips.com/2011/11...di-controller/
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post

Tell him, Kwal.

how about sound quality and volume of each channel?

The K2 has a four channel soundcard but only one of the channels is on the back via the cinch outs. The other is a headphone jack in the front. You would need some kind of a weird combo of cinch-TRS cable in the front and cinch cable in the back.
    I would recommend a nice audio interface + 2 K1s or even Kontrol x1s