Rekordbox...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rekordbox...

Tech Wizard

Default Rekordbox...

Am i the only one that think rekordbox is a bit backwards in the way it works?
    I am trying to use it with CDJNXS2 decks and really wanted to use the sampler within Rekordbox, so I mapped the midi controller within my DJM2000NX to work with it. so far so good, but then I realised you cant see the full waveform on the CDJs using HID.
    Connecting the decks and mixer with LAN is a brilliant way to work, however (and this is what i think the backward bit is) connecting it this way mean you have to use the "Export" mode in Rekordbox and not the "Performance" mode, which is basic and has no extra features like sampler etc to use.
    I think rekordbox should work in both modes through LAN, and have all features up and running in both modes, after all if you want to use HID why use Rekordbox, surely Traktor would be a far better option?

Tech Wizard

Agreed! Would love to see both modes/all features supported through LAN connection.

You should see the waveforms on the players with hid control. I use rekordox DJ with HID on 2000nxs's regularly.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Tech Wizard

I think I might make my way back to Traktor then, I really thought Rekorbox was going to open doors for me and let me be more creative, in fact its far too restricting and frustrating!

Tech Wizard

the_bastet, are you seeing the large, zoomed-in waveforms using HID? I didn't think that was possible, but hope I'm wrong...

Tech Mentor

Think you need to connect Rekordbox via usb to access performance mode/waveforms....

Quote Originally Posted by maccwerk View Post
    the_bastet, are you seeing the large, zoomed-in waveforms using HID? I didn't think that was possible, but hope I'm wrong...
    it looks exactly the same as if I was playing tracks off of a thumb drive. I connect all four players to my laptop via usb and use rekordbox dj.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by the_bastet View Post
    it looks exactly the same as if I was playing tracks off of a thumb drive. I connect all four players to my laptop via usb and use rekordbox dj.
    This is not the case, HID doesnt allow large waveform. Or so i'm led to believe!

I checked several tutorials on youtube.
    I think there is a difference of using the computer only as a "harddrive" or in full performance mode. In performance mode the HID displays show even less than HID mode with traktor. Big letdown if you ask me.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by sheikyerbouti View Post
    I checked several tutorials on youtube.
    I think there is a difference of using the computer only as a "harddrive" or in full performance mode. In performance mode the HID displays show even less than HID mode with traktor. Big letdown if you ask me.
    Fully agreed, Wish I could have my money back from Rekordbox. Going back to Traktor seems the only logical option and I wasnt happy with Traktor since the stems direction to start with!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast