vci 300 and apc40
    Tech Mentor

Default vci 300 and apc40

i was wondering if anyone was running a vci300 and apc40 in traktor pro? How does it run, i was thinking of adding a vci300 for xmass and wanted some feed back

Tech Mentor

anyone, anyone use atleast the vci100 se and apc40 together in traktor pro?

Tech Wizard

i used traktor for a year or so, i tried to incorporate my APC40. having the other controllers as i did, i found the APC40 be useless and just taking up space. my other controllers did all i needed- and by god, im a greedy fuck

how've you got your mappings setupupupup?

Tech Wizard

bump da bump.

Tech Guru

Yep. I use the APC and VCI-100 together. Works a charm, but mapping it all has been a nightmare, um, I mean, learning experience. 4 deck functionality, both units do everything, but the way I use them is APC handles general load, transport, cueing, fx, eqs, and the VCI is for scratching, juggling, fader fx. Both units have loop controls and hotcues. Because I route TPro thru Ableton, and need the controllers to respond to each other as well, I use BomeMT and Jack to handle the weird back end stuff.

Personally, the reason I do things this way is that I can have all 4 decks available at the same time (APC), while still getting the great tactile control of the VCI.
    MacBook 2.4GHz, 6GB, Traktor Pro, Ableton Live, Bomes MT, Audio Kontrol 1, Vestax VCI-100 SE Custom, M-Audio Axiom 25, Akai APC40, NI Maschine, 2x Midi Fighters (c/o DJ TechTools - Thanks!!)

Mixcloud DJ Sets