Rekordbox - Rekord Buddy - Traktor workflow questions
Results 1 to 4 of 4
  1. #1
    Tech Wizard Kama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    48

    Default Rekordbox - Rekord Buddy - Traktor workflow questions

    Is anyone using Rekordbox to prep tracks to use in Traktor with either Rekord Buddy 1 or 2 as a converter? This seems like it would be the best of all worlds: easier and more enjoyable track prep, Traktor versatility and a usb to play on CDJs. If so how does the process handle hot cues (wanting the full 8 in Traktor) and multiple beat grids from Rekordbox? Are there other things that don't really translate between the two?

    I know that only the newest CDJs play flacs so all flac tracks would have to be dealt with as well. Maybe some magic converter that keeps all the meta data and beat grid, hot cues etc and batch converts the flacs to AIFF.

  2. #2
    Rekord Buddy Creator Damien Sirkis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    Posts
    28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kama View Post
    Is anyone using Rekordbox to prep tracks to use in Traktor with either Rekord Buddy 1 or 2 as a converter?
    Yes although version 1 is no longer available or supported. Version 2 is in the final stages of beta.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kama View Post
    If so how does the process handle hot cues (wanting the full 8 in Traktor) and multiple beat grids from Rekordbox?
    8 cue points are supported in 2.0. Multiple beat grids in rekordbox are fine as long as the BPM is always the same (because Traktor only supports that).

    Quote Originally Posted by Kama View Post
    Are there other things that don't really translate between the two?
    Only the things that programs don't support natively (mostly beat grid related, Traktor needs a single BPM, Serato can only set a beat grid on the first downbeat of a bar, not all program support colors for tracks or cue points, rekordbox doesn't import/export some stuff at the moment like tag names, stuff like that). Anything that is supportable is supported.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kama View Post
    I know that only the newest CDJs play flacs so all flac tracks would have to be dealt with as well. Maybe some magic converter that keeps all the meta data and beat grid, hot cues etc and batch converts the flacs to AIFF.
    This is something I want to look into after 2.0 ships. Problem is that there is no way around keeping multiple copies of the tracks on your HD which defeats the purpose. Will investigate.
    Last edited by Damien Sirkis; 07-09-2016 at 01:10 PM. Reason: typo
    Twitter - Facebook - My Blog - DJs Social
    Manage your collection and sync between rekordbox/Serato/Traktor with Rekord Buddy

  3. #3
    Tech Wizard Kama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    48

    Default

    Is there a list / chart that shows how each type of tag from Rekordbox shows up in Traktor?

    (The below for example only)

    RB......................................... Traktor
    Track name..............................Track name
    Genre 1...................................Genre
    Genre 2...................................comment,
    mood 1....................................etc......
    Last edited by Kama; 07-11-2016 at 11:05 AM.

  4. #4
    Tech Wizard
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    92

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Damien Sirkis View Post
    Yes although version 1 is no longer available or supported. Version 2 is in the final stages of beta.
    Or so they've been saying for a couple of years now.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •