File Organization

Default File Organization

I'm new to this forum but I've been lurking on the site for quite a while. Just want to say thanks to Ean and everyone for making such a great resource.

On to my question: I'm setting up my brand new hard drive from scratch (MacBook Pro) and I wanted to know how other DJs organized their music files -- not just for gigs, but for general music appreciation as well. In the past, I've found myself with a ton of iTunes music on my internal drive, lots of it on an external, some of it in specially created library folders for Traktor gigs, etc. Basically, files everywhere.

I feel like there has to be a better, more efficient way to keep my music organized. Do you guys use the Traktor-iTunes sync? Do you have multiple iTunes libraries? Do you use some other cataloguing software? I'm really interested to hear how people are keeping their music straight.

Thnx

We have already talked about this in the past, please use the search function in future - http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/sho...light=organize