In need of some help setup Active and Passive Speakers together.

Default In need of some help setup Active and Passive Speakers together.

Hi guys, Im fairly new to DJing and i play Latin/Salsa type music. I have laptop connected to Mixer and in turn currently connected two powered 15'' Alto's. I have purchased two passive Alto's thinking that i could possibly daisy chain 1 to each powered speaker and learned that i cant (duh! as i say im new to this). A little online research has shown me that the Passive Alto's need and amp. Im open to suggestions how to connect this lot together. Should i purchase a combined Amp/Mixer and if so which one? Should i buy a seperate amp and how would i connect this lot up. This is my current equipment, i hope this is enough information.

Mackie 1202VLZ4 12 Channel Mixer
    Alto Professional TS115W 15-Inch Active PA Loudspeaker with Wired and Bluetooth Connectivity

Alto TS115A 15" Passive PA Speaker

Any help you guys can give me would be very much appreciated

This amp should work good for you:

Those speakers are rated 500 watts @ 8 ohms.

This should give you 440 watts @ 8 ohms.

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/NU3000

Quote Originally Posted by loverocket View Post
    This amp should work good for you:

Those speakers are rated 500 watts @ 8 ohms.

This should give you 440 watts @ 8 ohms.

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/NU3000
    Thanks loverocket for your reply which im just reading now (been on holiday in mediteranean). As i say im pretty much a newbie. Can you help me a little more, just to keep me right. Am i correct in thinking that im keeping my mackie mixer and connecting it to the inputs then my passive speakers to the outputs? Thanks also for the link, think i can buy this for £175-00