any books you guys can recommend?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default any books you guys can recommend?

i have tons to learn! i dont really have a musical background, but i would like to start producing my own tracks. i just ordered the Sound Reinforcement handbook to understand some of the basics. any other suggestions?

I picked this up awhile back

http://www.amazon.com/Remixers-Bible...9510090&sr=8-1

wont make you the next producer. It does have useful tips on various aspects like the bass, beats, arrangment, programming etc...

I use it now for reference when I get stuck (blocked)

and youtube!
    MacBook Pro 2.53ghz . iMac 2.6ghrz . Compaq 2.4ghrz . Berhinger A5OD Reference Amp . Berhinger Ultra Graph Pro . Behringer Truth B1030A Monitors . Stanton FS Open . Native Instruments Maschine . Numark Mixdeck . TraktorLE . Vestax VCI-100 . Behringer UMX-25 . M-Audio Trigger Finger . . Ableton Live 8 . Reason 5 . Logic 9 Express .

I found it to be pretty good.
    By no means will it make you the next Deadmau5, Excision, Tiesto or the likes.

Getting into the book you will certainly have to have a decent working knowledge of your DAW / Equipment.
    The book goes through many aspects of recording and production such as synth programming, re-recording things through shat speaker or guitar pedals to add dynamics, bus routing on bass lines, arrangement tricks, working with vocalists, etc...

I find the book to be useful for when I am struggling and not know what to do with a sound / song and I will get back into reading it and find a trick I might not of tried or helps me to think of a new one.

For the price I paid for it (20$ CAN). Its a good reference book for sure.
    MacBook Pro 2.53ghz . iMac 2.6ghrz . Compaq 2.4ghrz . Berhinger A5OD Reference Amp . Berhinger Ultra Graph Pro . Behringer Truth B1030A Monitors . Stanton FS Open . Native Instruments Maschine . Numark Mixdeck . TraktorLE . Vestax VCI-100 . Behringer UMX-25 . M-Audio Trigger Finger . . Ableton Live 8 . Reason 5 . Logic 9 Express .

Reading lots of magazines like computer music mag will teach you alot of good skills

just got a subscription =D thanks. i also bought Music Theory for Computer Musicians by Michael Hewitt. extremely basic, but thats exactly what i need.

Tech Student

I love this song. Sorry guys I'm a new user and I just wanted to comment on the song. My friend recently sent it to me and I fell in love with it and I just can't stop listening to it. I love romanian songs...it's probably because my country borders Romania...we're neighbors! lol

sound on sound mag is a very popular one among engineers. other good ones: electronic musician, remix, computer music. i'm sure i'm missing one or two that someone else can fill in.

man that sound reinforcement handbook is pretty dry, amirite?
    soundcloud.com/hpntk / soundcloud.com/freakstep
    freakstep.com / thefreakbeat.com
    me on beatport / me on djtunes
    Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ
    My solution: Pay some one to whack them so you don't have any competition

Computer Music Mag and Sound on Sound for the win.
    (Also had access to some SAE literature. )
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

i go to Barnes & Noble a few times per month and just read through all the mags.... i suggest doing that.. if you can retain knowledge well then you can save the loot on the mags... i never keep going back to refer, just once and done. If i really like an article and i thinki may need to read it a few times to grasp a concept then i buy it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast