Question about switching between vinyl and time code - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by electroshock View Post
    Can switching to THRU mode and back be mapped and used with a flick of a button, or it requires more wiggling in the settings? Hope it's not necessary to reconnect the A6 from line in to phono in on the mixer?
    You don't need to change any cabling but it is indeed changed on the A6 control panel. What you can MIDI map is the "Live Input" mode I mentioned before since that is handled by Traktor.

So it's not an easy option one can count on. It's serving more like if you don't intend to use DVS but don't want to disconnect the a6, if I understand well.
    How's the "Live input" sound quality compared to direct connection to the mixer?

Yes, that's pretty much the intended purpose for THRU mode.
    No volume or audio quality loss plus you get to apply effects and such which is a really nice bonus.

Hm, not sure if I should get an fx mixer or just add the X1 to my current one? I'm kinda put-off with the ad/da flow...

Alternatively get RCA splitters from the turntable to the mixer and interface so you can switch to regular vinyl just by flipping the source selector to Phono on the mixer. That's pretty much how the old multicore cables on the Audio 4 and 8 did the trick.

Yeah, that's an option in case I use a mixer with fx, but my concern is do I really need one having the Traktor fx and the Live input possibility?
    Btw, instead of y splitter I'd use a switch. It seems that Y splitting, although frequently used as a dj hack, is not recommended. Multicore cables were probably engineered properly, addressing the issues of y splitting by adding some resistors/capacitors within in the cable. Or not

Tech Guru

if you use the supplied cables correctly, you can bypass the sound card all together...on the mixer end of it, there are two pairs of phones, one which feeds the output of the sound card channel, and one which is a paralell of you input device...

plug both to your mixer, then use the phono/line selector switch to go between turntable direct and the traktor output
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2.7, MBP 13", iPad 2 & TouchOSC, Reloop NEON, Pioneer DJM750mk2, Mackie d.2, Pioneer CDJ800 x2, Technics SL1210MK2 x2, NI Audio 6 DJ, Dicers,

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by padi_04 View Post
    Alternatively get RCA splitters from the turntable to the mixer and interface so you can switch to regular vinyl just by flipping the source selector to Phono on the mixer. That's pretty much how the old multicore cables on the Audio 4 and 8 did the trick.

just saw this after my post, do they not supply these cables anymore?
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2.7, MBP 13", iPad 2 & TouchOSC, Reloop NEON, Pioneer DJM750mk2, Mackie d.2, Pioneer CDJ800 x2, Technics SL1210MK2 x2, NI Audio 6 DJ, Dicers,

They don't supply them with the Audio 6 and 10, but you can still buy them separately for 29 euros a piece. The cheapest option is using Live Input or THRU.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12